RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marcel Desailly right? I knew this long ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Marcel Desailly right? I knew this long ago.

Former Chelsea and AC Milan defender Marcel Desailly has described the Reds as "the best team in Europe," but admits he is letting his heart rule his head and hopes for a final contested by his two former sides.

The ex-France captain was an interested spectator at the first leg of United's semi-final clash with Milan, and believes United’s formation is the key to victory.

"Not only counterattacking, for me they're the best team in Europe, especially if they stay in their classic 4-4-2 formation,” he told uefa.com.

"They can make the difference at any time – Giggs on the left, Cristiano Ronaldo, Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Saha if he is fit. It is the best team. They can play collectively, each of them can play individually, but most of all they can all make the difference."

And while United’s squad is littered with quality, Desailly believes the Rossoneri are a bit more of a one-man band – but what a man it is.

"They are lucky they have Kaka," he admitted. "The rest of the team is a kind of group behind Kaka. United have plenty of players who at any moment can make the difference. That's why Milan should have been more focused on the advantage they had, knowing it's going to be hard in the return.

"How do Milan approach that game now? They are going to attack knowing that Manchester have the capacity at any minute to make the difference. It's a real tricky situation for AC Milan now."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: Is Marcel Desailly right? I knew this long ago.

wha 'bout gattuso? and maldini? true they are not "attacking" or "flair" players but they are very good at what they do!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
    X