Paul Marin, you happy now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Marin, you happy now?

Downing set for medical at West Ham as Liverpool take massive £14m hit on winger

By Laurie Whitwell
    PUBLISHED:09:41, 12 August 2013| UPDATED:10:55, 12 August 2013

Stewart Downing is set to become the latest Liverpool player to move to West Ham after holding positive talks with Sam Allardyce over the weekend.
    The England winger will join up with Andy Carroll and Joe Cole at Upton Park for a fee in the region of £6million once he completes his medical.
    That would represent a big loss on the £20m paid by Kenny Dalglish in 2011, but Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has allowed the 29-year-old to leave Anfield after securing Luis Alberto from Sevilla.

On his way out: Stewart Downing (right) is having a medical at West Ham

Downing, capped 34 times by his country, wants regular first team football and will fit neatly into Allardyce’s team by providing further width and crossing ability.
    It could mean Matt Jarvis switching from left to right flank and potentially see Cole’s role more limited.
    Young winger Oussama Assaidi can join QPR but Raheem Sterling is seen as an important part of the first-team squad at Anfield and will not go out on loan.

Due South: Both Joe Cole and Andy Carroll (below) left Liverpool for West Ham earlier in the year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ticle-2389758/

This bredda BR cant blame K.D this season , everything sell off ,Paul expects a top 4, No 2 finals this tour , no give him one and the same position as last season , yuh know wha strike dat , the same position as last season would be good enough for Paul.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      This bredda BR cant blame K.D this season , everything sell off ,Paul expects a top 4, No 2 finals this tour , no give him one and the same position as last season , yuh know wha strike dat , the same position as last season would be good enough for Paul.
      Once again, you are talking rubbish. Let's start with KD - hmmm...let me see...

Andy Carroll £35m sold on for £16m, net loss: £19m
      Charlie Adam £8m sold on for £5.5m, net loss: £2.5m
      Stuart Downing £20.1m sold on for £6.1m, net loss £15m

Great business by KD, waste £80m to get 8th place and a League Cup. Swansea did that with a squad value of £40m. Rodgers finished 1 place higher than KD and with far better league statistics on goals scored, goals against, games won with far less money spent.

As for what I would be happy with, you are clueless. I have said before it is still unlikely that Liverpool will be in the TOP 4 this year, but they have to do better than last year. I have told you before - WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to compete with Chelsea, City, the Scum, Arsenal and Spurs. If you were a thinking man, you'd realize what FSG and BR are trying to do is to develop talent - Sterling, Ibe, Kelly, Flannagan (groan), Wisdom etc. are players for the future and buy wisely. Coutinho, Sturridge cost less than Andy Carroll combined and have produced far more than Carroll did in fewer games played.

Lastly, since it appears you have been sleeping, let me remind you: CITY - no title for 30+ years, BIG ARAB MONEY - Title within 3 years; PSG - no title for close to 15/20 years - BIG ARAB MONEY - Title within 2 years; CHELSEA - no title for 50 years, BIG RUSSIAN MONEY - title within 3 years. I have told you before, Liverpool's current standing is DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE to that jackass Rick Parry pulling the deal with DIC away in favor of G+H. We have been scrambling ever since. So stop blaming Rodgers for our ailments and put on a more sophisticated analysis cap. You are woefully wrong.

The bottomline is that your stance against Liverpool is simplistic and unbecoming of a proper fan, so stop crying down the club and move on. I am sick of it. You are NOT A REAL LIVERPOOL FAN - You are a RAFA-ITE, a blind loyalist with no sense of reason or proper grounding in true Liverpool tradition. I would love to see you go to Liverpool, sit in a bar and chat this tripe...you would be tossed on your ass faster than you could she "RAFA". Go and wear your Napoli jersey and sail with that ship. Leave the hard work at Liverpool for committed people who truly love the club.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Very happy, but wished we had been able to pull off some better signings in the window...but...it is still open.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          Very happy, but wished we had been able to pull off some better signings in the window...but...it is still open.
          Let Suarez go and use the money to strengthen!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
            Let Suarez go and use the money to strengthen!
            Who would you buy? I have no problem with that strategy, but we have very few options this late in the game. What is very important is the blooding of the youths. It will be interesting to see how they progress. I am very optimistic about Ibe.

Comment

Ibe look good. Pool just need to hang in the first part of the season. The funny thing is you may have a stronger team now than this time last year.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who would you buy? I have no problem with that strategy, but we have very few options this late in the game. What is very important is the blooding of the youths. It will be interesting to see how they progress. I am very optimistic about Ibe.
                There are still quality players out there who could improve Liverpool. Suarez is useless to Liverpool if his heart is not in it. He is a 100% determined to leave. I can only see this saga de-stabilizing the club, Rogers and Henry are determined not to sell him to Arsenal, however Arsenal is the only buyers so they havan't got any other option so the sooner the deal is done the better for everyone. If it is left til the last day of the transfer window then Liverpool won't be able to get in replacements. If Suarez stays you can write off Liverpool's prospect of finishing in the top 4.

Comment

There are still quality players out there who could improve Liverpool. Suarez is useless to Liverpool if his heart is not in it. He is a 100% determined to leave. I can only see this saga de-stabilizing the club, Rogers and Henry are determined not to sell him to Arsenal, however Arsenal is the only buyers so they havan't got any other option so the sooner the deal is done the better for everyone. If it is left til the last day of the transfer window then Liverpool won't be able to get in replacements. If Suarez stays you can write off Liverpool's prospect of finishing in the top 4.
                  Suarez ain't going to Arsenal. I will bet my house, cyar, pickney, draws, box of brylcreem, you name it, I will bet you that it ain't gonna happen. They would have to bring some OUTRAGEOUS sum, which they are not known to do. I personally don't see us in the top 4 with or without Suarez, but we have to close the gap. It is a Chelsea/City year for my money.

Comment

Suarez ain't going to Arsenal. I will bet my house, cyar, pickney, draws, box of brylcreem, you name it, I will bet you that it ain't gonna happen. They would have to bring some OUTRAGEOUS sum, which they are not known to do. I personally don't see us in the top 4 with or without Suarez, but we have to close the gap. It is a Chelsea/City year for my money.
                    It is gonna happen Paul, Arsenal will get their man.Memba mi tol you

Comment

It is gonna happen Paul, Arsenal will get their man.Memba mi tol you
                      Okay - we will see.

Comment

Hehehe....yuh caan throw weh Xcuse so easily outa unuh likkle dibby-dibby club. That man will stay wid yuh like herpes. Yuh stuck wid him fe life.....or until pretty girl Mansh!tty pass by.....or maybe the dutty skettel Chel$ki
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X