RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U-17: Mind boggling to see the apathy on the board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-17: Mind boggling to see the apathy on the board.

I cannot remember, since the very first discussion board came into being, a time when there are not at least some of the Massive stating faith...in any of our teams engaged in a tournament...having chance to advance.

Is there no one who thinks we have a chance to advance? I wish such a person would step forth?

Let us hear from the Massive who have seen this squad performances during the last year including the performance during this tournament?
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: U-17: Mind boggling to see the apathy on the board.

I was very disappointed with our performance against Canada. We looked nothing like we did against Mexico. We appeared slow and hesitant.

I also had some problems with the coaching decisions, particularly the substitutions.

Our stars did not show up. Dever Orgill, the captain had a poor game, even while not being adequately served by the midfield. And everybody's favorite (except mine) John Ross Doyley, played Tappa for most of the match. Yes, he disappeared! I can't say it often enuff - somebody should by now teach the youngster how to kick. Flinging a heavy foot into the ball is not kicking! Bonner, one of my favorite players, was subbed. I don't know why.

We are going to have to work hard to beat Costa Rica tomorrow, but it is not impossible.

Costa Rica looked better yesterday against Canada, who I thought struggled to contain them. CR definitely had the better chances but both teams weren't doing all they could for a win.

T&T looked a lot better yesterday than they did against CR. In fact, after the opening goal in the 2nd minute for the USA, T&T did get several attacks going that could have brought about a goal. The Americans struggled with their wing play and had some trouble clearing the crosses. On another day, some of those loose balls would have found the feet of the Trinis. Nyamdirt, Leston Paul is not all that. The white boy who came on in the 2nd half, I think his name is Sean Desilva, was quite useful. He seems to have a good left-foot shot and spread the ball around well. Stephan Knox, the striker was very tricky and a bit unfortunate.

But the yanks didn't panic and re-established their dominance with good football. Nimo is a handful, appearing very comfortable with the ball at his feet. (Is he better than Adu?) You could tell that they were well-coached and were very used to each other. McLoughlin, the striker, turns really well on the ball and has good technique.

It was clear that the US was the better side, but T&T was not overwhelmed.

Tomorrow's games will separate the qualifiers from those who will have to wait another 4 years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks for the 'pick me up, sah!

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Tomorrow's games will separate the qualifiers from those who will have to wait another 4 years.
      I think your thoughts in some way point to a 'mind-set' some in our football leadership positions hold.

What makes those leaders think in another 4 years we shall again be in the pre-World Championships rounds? Divine right?

Would these our current opponents at this tournament and those who missed out not be working overtime to get here? ...what does that mean for us?

AS I said in 2000 - The rest of the CFU has...and the lesser CONCACAF countries have studied the "Burrell/Simoes model" and are improving on it.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

People depressed

Comment

Yeah, what's up with this board?

"Dis town, is kinda like a ghost town."

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

"Jamaicans prefer cricket over football".
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL right now a Track and field a carry the swing. The football team them can't even win a decent game and the cricket team is an embarrassment to the West Indies. Mi remember the days when all the cricket fans use to argue about is how many Jamaicans, Bajans, Trini etc should be on the team but now there is nothing to argue about we just suck.

I don't know how Mosiah made it back from stadium the other day cause me know him nearly have a heart failure after the score. Support is one thing but we must learn to compete.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I can't remember getting so emotional at a football match. All when Hunt sub some decent players and left on Doyley - mi heart drap.

Tomorrow again, more stress!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X