fella to Manu reported by the Guardian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fella to Manu reported by the Guardian

Lets see how much difference that makes!

Everton did a twofa on this one. They allowed Fellaini to go, but got James McCarthy from Wigan Athletic and Gareth Barry from Manchester City. I think Everton came out quite well under the circumstances.

I am not too sure I like Fellaini. He has size and can out muscle you in midfield, but I am not sure if I would like to have him on my side. I guess Moyes know what he is getting by bringing him in.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Everton did a twofa on this one. They allowed Fellaini to go, but got James McCarthy from Wigan Athletic and Gareth Barry from Manchester City. I think Everton came out quite well under the circumstances.

I am not too sure I like Fellaini. He has size and can out muscle you in midfield, but I am not sure if I would like to have him on my side. I guess Moyes know what he is getting by bringing him in.
      Not too certain he was what MU wanted, but looking a his stats for last season he score 11 goals, more than all MU midfielders (Kagawa scored 6).
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Overrated, Martinez is laughing all the way to the bank. 27.5 million!!

Comment

He is a big target for headers. with him in there, I think Manu will score more headers as he will have to be tracked and take some pressure off Rooney and Vidic. He can help breaking up plays in the middle and help on offense.

He will play alongside Carrick. It is an upgrade.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Not too certain he was what MU wanted, but looking a his stats for last season he score 11 goals, more than all MU midfielders (Kagawa scored 6).
            Lazie, Everton played him as a striker in a lot of their games last season that is the reason why he scored so many goals

Comment

No he played mostly as a midfielder last year. It was the year before when they were short of striker that he was pushed upfront.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                No he played mostly as a midfielder last year. It was the year before when they were short of striker that he was pushed upfront.
                Nope, he played mostly as a striker last season because Jelavic wasn't having the best of seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  he was playing as second striker
                  Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    Overrated, Martinez is laughing all the way to the bank. 27.5 million!!

....just like how Arsne was laughing last year after collecting 22m for a glass-kneed 30 year old RVP.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

the fact is on set plays he is a force. I like him but he is not a creator if its waht Manu needed. Its funny Manu may already have the creator in thier mids just need to find out how to use him. I would play a 4-3-3 with Rooney van p and welbeck or the mexican.. Giggs would get less minutes.. if any.

Comment

With Felini in there Manu can play 4 4 2. Felini might not be a creator but he draws attention as he wins every header and always fighting for everything.

Rooney can go forward a more now. I think it is a good buy and improvement over Cleverly, and Anderson.

Comment

My Manure line up would be:

-----------------de gea
                          Jones --- Rio -- --------Vidic --- Evra
                          Rooney -- Kagawa -- Carrick -- Valencia
                          ---------------------Fellaini
                          ------------------RVP

You can interchange Rooney/Kagawa and Fellaini however you want.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I admit that the new Chairman and manager fvcked up the transfers this summer, but we still have the same team that won the league last year and came second the year before. Fellani, although not my first choice, will add some steel to our midfield. I am glad that Moyes did not get Baines as he was not needed. Butner, as cover for Evra, just needs some more matches under his belt to blossom. Anderson is a good go-to to add some energy to our mid field during a game. Moyes has a good enough squad to win trophies. Let's see how he uses his squad. Zaha and Kagawa must play.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The problem you have is Rooney don't want to play deeper. He wants to be at least where you have Fellaine. I think that is the biggest problem he had with Fergie. Jones and smalling hurt too much but other than that I like the line up.

Putting Fellaine wide is a waste but having him or Kagawa of the bench is not bad and remember you have young, Nani and Zaha as subs going in or playing the wing.

Comment

Working...
                              X