Our attackers were puny vs pan defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our attackers were puny vs pan defense

Our speed was for naught, our skill was for naught and our strength over the ball in attacking third was in minus territory.

Panama defense handled our attacks like we were not even playing. I saw no advantage in any of those areas in the one on one, Mano a Mano situations with panama defense, the attackers were isolated and bundled off the balls, they had very little options to pass and could not create any advantage in one on one situations.

I think it is the first time that I have seen that, even though we have not been scoring we have seen some good shots, good plays Nuff denials by some really good keeping in the other games.

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Our speed was for naught, our skill was for naught and our strength over the ball in attacking third was in minus territory.

Panama defense handled our attacks like we were not even playing. I saw no advantage in any of those areas in the one on one, Mano a Mano situations with panama defense, the attackers were isolated and bundled off the balls, they had very little options to pass and could not create any advantage in one on one situations.

I think it is the first time that I have seen that, even though we have not been scoring we have seen some good shots, good plays Nuff denials by some really good keeping in the other games.
    Now we were in a 90 minutes match and I saw us in the Panama defensive 3rd a number of times...yet you say we did not have passing options (I make no comment on that save repeating what you said)...but The Observer writer claimed we have made progress since Tappa's time in charge (Hope I have not misquoted him?)???
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am still wondering why we were wasting time, we had two or three potential attack opportunities in the late second half that fizzled like starting a fire with wet wood, we had nada. Panama isolated the players and snuffed them out and our guys looked like they ad nothing to offer but waste time. A point is better than a loss but we desperately need a win!

Comment

I saw the match...but I did not see the improvement Sean Williams wrote about. Frankly, the Boyz should what could have been... They have 'potential'. Pity they are so long in the tooth to still be at the 'having potential stage'

...but yuh si mi, mi a pray fi mi REGGAE BOYZ! dat a-lone can help dem an mi
        Last edited by Karl; September 8, 2013, 11:40 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X