X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22-y-o T&T footballer fighting for life after heart attack

22-y-o T&T footballer fighting for life after heart attack in Hungary

Friday, September 27, 2013

BUDAPEST, Hungary (CMC) -- Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams is fighting for his life in Hungary where he plays for champions Ferencvárosi TC, the club’s website has reported.

Adams suffered a heart attack Wednesday night at his home and was rushed to a heart clinic where he is receiving professional care, the website stated.

“Doctors are still struggling to stabilise his condition,” Ferencvárosi TC said. “Akeem Adams is fighting for his life.”

The club website also reported that an operation was done to remove a blood clot from Adam’s heart.

“The additional risk of myocardial infarction was resolved, but the player’s condition remains serious,” said Dr Psalm Meek, a senior cardiologist at the National Sports Centre in Hungary and a member of Ferencvárosi TC’s medical staff.

“The next few days will be crucial changes in the circulatory system of the player [who will be] constantly tested and kept in intensive care units throughout the medical control. Believe and trust for Akeem Adams to recover as soon as possible.”

Adams, 22, has played nine times for the T&T senior team, debuting as a 16-year-old and was also a member of the country’s FIFA Under-17 and Under-20 World Cup teams.

He joined Ferencvárosi TC as a summer signing on a one-year contract after a one-week trial.

“We have word out to Akeem’s family that anything the FA can do to assist him, we are only a phone call away,” said Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary, Sheldon Phillip.

The TTFA has been in contact with Adams’ teammate, Tomi Csilus, who said there has been an overwhelming outpouring of support for the player from his teammates, friends and fans.

“After training we were talking a lot and smiling and even dancing a bit. Then, about three hours after, Akeem called the woman at the club and said he wasn’t feeling good,” Csilus told TTFA Media.

“Then, 10 minutes later we found him out at his home and he was rushed to the hospital. We are all praying for him. He has been a good friend since he arrived here to join us.”

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Hope the best for this youth. Sad
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Pray he recovers.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This are not looking good for him

FROM A POSTER Football supporter

Just received word from Ferencvarosi.

Akeem was forced to undergo emergency surgery last night....his 4th major operation.

Due to his heart condition, Akeem's circulation is very poor. This has resulted in mortification of tissue and muscle in his left leg. His condition became life threatening and the surgeon was forced to remove Akeems left leg from below the knee.

His condition is still critical with no date projected for him to receive a new heart.

I can't imagine what his family are going through.

I just feel sad, useless and shocked.

God, please watch over Akeem

More here: http://www.fradi.hu/en/football/firs...0131008/c/5111

Comment

God bless the young man
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I hope he recovers.
            God bless.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Poor guy. That is really beyond horrible Naminirt. I hope he can make it through. I'm pulling for him and his family. Please keep us updated on his condition.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I hope his family finds the strength to give him all the support he needs.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
                  This are not looking good for him

FROM A POSTER Football supporter

Just received word from Ferencvarosi.

Akeem was forced to undergo emergency surgery last night....his 4th major operation.

Due to his heart condition, Akeem's circulation is very poor. This has resulted in mortification of tissue and muscle in his left leg. His condition became life threatening and the surgeon was forced to remove Akeems left leg from below the knee.

His condition is still critical with no date projected for him to receive a new heart.

I can't imagine what his family are going through.

I just feel sad, useless and shocked.

God, please watch over Akeem

More here: http://www.fradi.hu/en/football/firs...0131008/c/5111
                  What!!?!?!? They had to remove his leg? Damn, our lives are so fickle. one second everything in ur life going perfectly fine n the next instance everything can go haywire

Comment

So true! And at a certain age, mortality kinda hits you bang in the face every so often.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X