RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sturridge, Suarez tandem up front, a killah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturridge, Suarez tandem up front, a killah!

Those two looking very potent together seems like their brains on the same wave length, will be interesting to we how this develops!

More TEAM from Sturridge today? Karl? I have to watch the replay tonight as I missed the game live... I did see the highlights and , Stoni, I hope this relationship between the two payers continues to be fruitful.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      More TEAM from Sturridge today? Karl? I have to watch the replay tonight as I missed the game live... I did see the highlights and , Stoni, I hope this relationship between the two payers continues to be fruitful.
      Peter, I think the difference is that Sturridge *may* have more confidence in Suarez than with any of the other Liverpool options; he is setting up SUAREZ but no one else. That is where I think his sense of "team" is flawed, he needs to realise that we won't be able to "get there" unless we get our midfielders scoring as well. Moses, Gerrard, Henderson and Sterling all need to get some goals under their belts to build confidence - Sturridge doesn't seem interested in helping them get there. He did great setting up Suarez for those goals today though.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

His sense of timing was also excellent in both goals that Suarez scored,just impeccable. He is better that I thought. Sterling seems a little soft on manning up on his ball, thus he is somewhat limited in his effectiveness, without speed and guile he seems to be a liability. Not enough fight, not enough lower body strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          His sense of timing was also excellent in both goals that Suarez scored,just impeccable. He is better that I thought. Sterling seems a little soft on manning up on his ball, thus he is somewhat limited in his effectiveness, without speed and guile he seems to be a liability. Not enough fight, not enough lower body strength.
          Soaking wet I don't think Sterling weighs 145lbs...so he has to use his guile as you say because he doesn't have the body strength. My take is that his body shape will change over the next 4 years to his advantage - he is still very very young, so expectations have to be realistic.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            Re: More TEAM
            Yes...a lot more.
            ...and he can still be much better. If he ever plays TEAM to even near his full potential he will make this Liverpool TEAM 'miles' better. Real contender for EPL title as then they could outscore any of the big boys.

btw - He scored once and had assists on both of Suarez's goals.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You don't have to be 200 pounds to stand over yuh ball with authority. I remember being amazed how when juvenile first come to bar he could stand over him ball and play with presence, I remember when he came to calabar he was not even five foot three and there is no way he weighed more than one twenty. Yet there he was playing ball like something out of a movie against guys that seemed to be twice his size. Stirling look like him need more seasoning to me.

Comment

You don't have to be 200 pounds to stand over yuh ball with authority. I remember being amazed how when juvenile first come to bar he could stand over him ball and play with presence, I remember when he came to calabar he was not even five foot three and there is no way he weighed more than one twenty. Yet there he was playing ball like something out of a movie against guys that seemed to be twice his size. Stirling look like him need more seasoning to me.
                You plan to cook him?
                Peter R

Comment

Not saying 200 lbs, and I know you're not saying playing high school football in Jamaica is as physical as the prem. I think we agree you don't need size, but when you don't have it in the prem, you need guile. Sterling guile letting him down.

Comment

You been in Trinidad too long bredrin!

Hey you ever eat food at USA regular restaurants like Luby's, Cracker Barrel etc, even the famed Texas BBQ, they all lack seasoning, which means not ready for prime time, same with Stirling, him need to take out the pot and put back to reserves for a while.

Comment

To me the perfect baller should be able to shield literally anybody off the ball one on one if he has the ball, so strength and knowledge applied is key, then he must be fast enough to use speed and variation in speed to his advantage repeatedly and lastly guile and straight up brain to body control otherwise known as skill to repeatedly evade and obtain an advantage in most one on one situations.

Btw not saying schoolboy football is the same as prem just looking at level of play, size of players and then looking at one player who is significantly smaller that everyone else.

Comment

Bwoy me fraid fi eat the fowl wings at BBQ. The size of dem there wings have me scared sh!tless. I only eat the young lobsters that dem call shrimps.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh kno...I think Sterling has everything save 'a brain'. Same thing with Sturridge...although his is far more advanced than Sterling's.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            Yuh kno...I think Sterling has everything save 'a brain'. Same thing with Sturridge...although his is far more advanced than Sterling's.
                            Karl, you are so right. You have to wonder what they are thinking - both of them - half the time. Mussi di ya'adi in dem...he he he. Dem vex me sometimes mi jes want fi tear de screen offa di TV. LOL!

Comment

mi nuh know if them a killah, but mi know one a bitah. LOL
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X