Outspoken Verheijen Blasts 'dinosaur' Man Utd Boss Moyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outspoken Verheijen Blasts 'dinosaur' Man Utd Boss Moyes

“When coaching a smaller club like Everton one can play reactive football to frustrate opponent & to win many points with good counter play.

“However when coaching a big club like United it’s the opponent who’s playing reactive football & it’s up to manager to come up with solution

“That’s why a lot of managers struggle when they move from a small to a big club. They don’t understand how to break down a defensive wall.

“Another problem is the fact that Moyes is very rigid with his 4-4-2. This is a very vulnerable tactic, especially against 4-2-3-1 & 4-1-4-1.”

The Dutchman went on, “Despite the 4-1 win, everyone who understands football could already see United’s tactical problem in the Swansea game last month.

“In Swansea game, United played with 2 central midfielders against 3 Swansea midfielders. But in that particular game, RVP came to the rescue.

“As most people in Jurassic Park don't have a clue about tactics, they were all talking about the 4-1 win instead of the tactical blunder.

“Even the tactically clueless pundits of Match of the Day said United had played well. What can you expect of these Jurassic Park products?

“The future doesn't look bright as Moyes was allowed to take with him his tactically clueless friends from Everton & released Fergie’s staff.” Verheijen continued.

“It might have been smart if he had kept 1 of Fergie’s coaches as they know the team & understand how to deal with the opponent’s tactics.

“Former coach Meulensteen would have had more to offer to United than all the current clueless & inexperienced nobodies on the United bench.”

http://www.sport360.com/football/out...td-boss-moyes?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Dude may be promoting his countrymen, but he has some very valid points. When I spoke about Moyes bringing his team from Everton, Sass come a tell me foolishness. Moyes never won anything meaningful, yet he got rid of a winning coaching staff? What the fornication was he thinking? Phil Neville on the bench look as confused as the Jamaican PM.

Why didn't he come in and learn something before making such drastic changes. I hope the board fire him before the next game.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

lazie is not like Moyes told him to go. He was upset that he didn't get the top job. One of the worst thing you need around is a disgruntled employee.

Moyes Just have to do his thing and build his team or go. What this man is saying is gospel? other good coaches tell you it not easy going in into a new big job.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...and put who in place? you have a coach in mind? Is this Verheijen guy looking a work? or the Muelensteen guy... is he still around?
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          ...and put who in place? you have a coach in mind? Is this Verheijen guy looking a work? or the Muelensteen guy... is he still around?
          Tappa nuh available?

Comment

And here I was thinking it was BT and Twan mekkin all a de joke dem... wait? yu serious??? oh!
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              lazie is not like Moyes told him to go. He was upset that he didn't get the top job. One of the worst thing you need around is a disgruntled employee.

Moyes Just have to do his thing and build his team or go. What this man is saying is gospel? other good coaches tell you it not easy going in into a new big job.
              Now it is out that Fergie suggested he kept the coaching staff.

Ferguson reportedly told Moyes that the current staff at United will be able to smoothen the transition considering the massive difference between Everton and United as a football club.
              "You had the United perspective - the manager saying, 'Keep what we've got, keep the continuity, work with them and they'll guide you through. You're taking on a massive machine here. You've gone from Marks and Spencer's to Harrods.'
              "Then there's David's viewpoint, which I understand. I know him professionally. I know his work ethic, his hands-on approach.
              "He listened to the manager's advice, but he wanted to be his own man," said Steele.

Read more at http://swol.co/former-manchester-uni...uL6YkXVv48u.99

Comment

Yuh just catching up i see:

http://216.119.88.230/forum1/showthread.php?t=58983

Comment

Bwoy yuh know how fi **** up a man mawning eeh????
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well, you live or die by your own sword.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Well, you live or die by your own sword.
                      Me nuh know what the board a deal wid? 48 hours and Moyes heading to the Ukraine wid the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Me nuh know what the board a deal wid? 48 hours and Moyes heading to the Ukraine wid the team?
                        Damn?
                        Yuh wudda fiyah im a readi?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X