Deshorn Brown called to Reggae Boyz squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshorn Brown called to Reggae Boyz squad

You heard it here first several months ago - Deshorn is the best pure striker in Jamaica at the moment. He combines speed with just enough skill to move directly to goal, with one goal on his mind.

I hope he gets to show some of that this Friday.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

well deserved call up.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      well deserved call up.
      Agreed and he's worked really hard for it on that team. Lots of competition on the Colorado Rapids at the forward position. Good for him.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Team looks short on forward...Players dropped includes 3 forwards with 1 new addition on the forward line:
        Marlon King
        Jermine Beckford
        Luton Shelton

Major shake-up in Boyz squad to face US

Monday, October 07, 2013

Tweet

REGGAE Boyz coach Winfried Schafer's 23-man squad for the crucial match against the USA on Friday has five "new faces" from the the group that faced Panama and Costa Rica in World Cup qualifying encounters last month.

On the flip, six players — five from the UK and one from the US MLS — have not been included.

Jamaica’s head coach, German Winfried Schafer (left) and Captain Horace Burrell at last Saturday night’s reception at the Spanish Court Hotel for the official unveiling of the FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour. (PHOTO: KARL MCLARTY)
        Jamaica’s head coach, German Winfried Schafer (left) and Captain Horace Burrell at last Saturday night’s reception at the Spanish Court Hotel for the official unveiling of the FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour. (PHOTO: KARL MCLARTY) 1/1

Those making the US-bound squad are goalkeeper Duwayne Kerr, Colorado Rapids striker Deshorn Brown, Waterhouse midfielder Romario Campbell, US MLS midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson and Scandinavia-based left-sided player Demar Phillips.

Out are regular captain, the USA-based goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts, Turkey-based striker Luton Shelton and the UK-based quartet of forwards Marlon King and Jermaine Beckford, and midfielders/wingers Chris Humphrey and Garath McCleary.

The Jamaica Observer was told that the players were unavailable due to injuries and personal reasons.

Those included in the squad are expected to assemble in Kansas City over the course of the coming days.

Jamaica, currently at the bottom of the six-nation CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers with four points, are scheduled to meet Brazil-bound USA in a must-win match at Sporting Park in Kansas on Friday. Kick-off is at 5:30 pm.

On the same day the Boyz face the USA, Honduras host Costa Rica in San Pedro Sula, while Mexico and Panama clash at high altitude Azteca in Mexico City.

Along with the USA on 16 points, Costa Rica on 15 points have also booked their Brazil 2014 World Cup spot. Honduras follow in the race with 11 points and are on the verge of clinching the third automatic qualifying spot.

Panama and Mexico, eight points each, and Jamaica are fighting for the fourth-place play-off spot.

Jamaica will close out their Brazil 2014 campaign next Tuesday in a home game against Honduras.

The top three teams will qualify directly for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Finals, while the fourth-placed team will play a home-and-away series against New Zealand, the winner of Oceania.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2h2jb2GRh

Comment

Watson is back??? I guess Jamaica is more important this time.

Comment

Jamaica has a pretty decent defence line now and Nosworthy is not even there...Now imagine if they had the attaxking line to go with it....A Fantasy Jamaican team would be pretty decent with Ravel Morrison, Daniel Sturridge, and Sterling call the shots at the top of the park...Add a few locals and Deshorn Brown and we would be quite hard to beat in the region..Only if we had been more serious

Comment

We always look good on paper.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

While JFF has not announced the full squad, Daniel Gordon has been called to The Reggae Boyz, according to Karlsruhe's website.

http://www.ksc.de/profis/saison/show...ams-unterwegs/

The other part is KSC's Michael Vitzhum was called to Germany's U-21 squad.

Comment

The best players are always the ones who never get called.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    You heard it here first several months ago - Deshorn is the best pure striker in Jamaica at the moment. He combines speed with just enough skill to move directly to goal, with one goal on his mind.

I hope he gets to show some of that this Friday.
                    At last we have a coach who is actually watching games and picking players on form.

Comment

Rapids rookie Deshorn Brown earns first call up to senior Jamaican National Team

Colorado Rapids forward Deshorn Brown has been selected by the Jamaican National Team for upcoming World Cup qualifiers, the final two games in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying. Jamaica visits the United States on October 11 in Kansas City before hosting Honduras on October 15 in Kingston.

"Everyone at the Rapids is thrilled for this opportunity that Deshorn has earned with the Jamaican National Team, and last night we saw what he can do on a big stage," said Rapids Technical Director Paul Bravo. "His hard work and strong performances throughout this season have turned heads, made him a Rookie of the Year contender, and got him this chance with his country. This is also a credit to the work that Oscar Pareja and our coaching staff have done with Deshorn to help him develop and compete at a high level."

(continue)
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

What form was Marlon King picked on for the last two games?
                        What form was Jermaine Beckford going to be picked on prior to him becoming "unavailable"?

Comment

Big talent that! Hope he and Mattocks can get the job done on Friday. I do not think we will miss McCleary, Shelton, King and Jermaine. They were not really doing anything for the team.

Gamma, you always said I was always pushing Des horn because he was a STETHS man. Now you see that I have an eye for talent.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Me I get your point but to be fair this is probably the first game in which the coach had maximum input in player selection. This "augers well" I believe.

Comment

i was wiating for this ..... you misunderstood me tilla.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X