• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattocks hoping to make impact for Boyz

Mattocks hoping to make impact for Boyz
    Published: Wednesday | October 9, 2013

Mattocks

KANSAS CITY, Kansas:
    Reggae Boy and Vancouver Whitecaps forward Darren Mattocks believes that things are perfectly set up for him to start and make an impact in Jamaica's World Cup qualifier in Kansas on Friday afternoon against the United States of America.

Reasoning that with more senior attacking players, Luton Shelton, Marlon King and Jermaine Beckford, out of the squad, then he should feature in the game where a win for a Jamaica and a failure to win by both Mexico and Panama could keep the Reggae Boyz' chances of advancing to the 2014 Brazil World Cup alive.

"First of all, it is a bittersweet situation. We have lost a lot of experience with King, Shelton and Beckford out. These players have played at a higher level and can bring something to any team," said the man who was last year named Rookie of the Year in the Major League Soccer (MLS) and voted top player in the League under the age of 24.

"On the other hand, I see this opportunity as a chance to do what I can do, especially with the form I am in. It is never good when people are out, but it is an opportunity. I feel it. I just feel it," added Mattocks.

SUITABLE SITUATION
    The fact that the game is being played in the United States, where the Portmore native starred for Akron University in the Collegiate League, and a place where he plays most of his matches in the MLS, is also a situation that suits him, said Mattocks.

"I am hoping to get a chance on Friday. It would be good to get that chance against the US in the US because this is like my stomping ground. I have played against most of the players in the US squad who play in the MLS, so I know how to play them. These are players I play against and dominate. I have also played in Kansas City and done well," said the former Bridgeport High School star.

"I am feeling the best I have felt all season. I am really impressed with the way I am feeling and playing right now," the 23 year-old added.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports5.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The man hungry and a beg a game. I likey.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...i guess the others are not so 'ungry then...?
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X