Set pieces could be the key....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set pieces could be the key....

If i recall clearly, Jamaica beat the US with 2 set-pieces in their first and only win.............

I am sure the BoyZ have not discarded set-piece opportunities for tomorrows game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    I am sure the BoyZ have not discarded set-piece opportunities for tomorrows game.
    Um....HL.....what the hell does that mean? Just curious if there's ever been a team in the history of football that decided to discard set piece opportunities before a match. Thanks in advance.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

you never know .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        you never know .....
        In this case somehow I feel as if I do Gamma.....I do.

Comment

T.K. Jamaica has discarded it's speed, size and physical attributes (over the years) when playing small teams like MexTico.....

HL

Comment

Since Nandi
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, since Nandi indeed!

I recall seeing a game between Jamaica v. USA at the Stadium. Of course the US won that game 2 :1 . Nandi scored for Jamaica from a set piece. A wicked goal it was....

HL

Comment

T.K. Jamaica has discarded it's speed, size and physical attributes (over the years) when playing small teams like MexTico.....
                Ok so what you're saying is that they have not played to their strengths. That is a fair point King HL. Thought you were saying that they had decided against set pieces as a policy.

Comment

Nandi use to have two El Salvador players tackling him at the same time, one dragging his shirt and one holding his hand

And Karl shouting Anti-TEAM. LOL
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Here's what i wrote T.K.:

"I am sure the BoyZ have not discarded set-piece opportunities for tomorrows game".

I stand guilty from the way the sentence is 'framed'.

HL

Comment

Here's what i wrote T.K.:

"I am sure the BoyZ have not discarded set-piece opportunities for tomorrows game".

I stand guilty from the way the sentence is 'framed'.
                      Yes I know HL. But by saying that they "have not discarded" you are implying that they have the choice "to discard". So if a foul is called in our favor we can choose to decline the option of taking the free kick.

Comment

Thanks for the T.K.

I hope the BoyZ do well tomorrow. They need it.

Hope they are concentrating on set-pieces too

HL

Comment

Thanks for the T.K.

I hope the BoyZ do well tomorrow. They need it.

Hope they are concentrating on set-pieces too
                          I hope so too HL but I must admit it is has been few years since I've bothered stressing over the National team. Whether they win or lose doesn't matter to me anymore. I just like to cheer on the individual players with their respective clubs. When a Jamaican player plays well with their club that's my world cup right there. Especially the Jamaicans who play in MLS because I can follow their progress closely. So yeah maybe one day I'll get my waggonist self back on board but for now I can't deal with embarrassment that is the JFF. I don't blame the players at all. Btw what Jamaican player do you think has had the best season in MLS this year?

Comment

Working...
                          X