Discipline, preparation and winning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discipline, preparation and winning!

USA rightly dominated The hex as they were the most disciplined team down the stretch, two key words there, discipline and team. How else can you explain a team that scored a total of 15 goals and ten of those goals came in the second half, it is not about talent, it is not about where they play pro ball, it is not about mls versus farin players, it is about what the us is all about discipline, team and a commitment to finish what it started, grinding till the end, not celebrating before the fat lady sings.

USA won two games outright, stealing victory from what seemed definite draws with goals after the 90th minute, two games won like that out of ten and five games won in the second half is no mistake, it is preparation, it is commitment, it is dedication, it is sacrifice, it is team. USA is better than every other team in Concacaf in those things that are most important to getting a result and that is the real reason why Jamaica and panama are home twiddling their thumbs, not about talent, not about potential but about bottom line results, bottom line preparation, bottom line dedication.

There should be no crying when it is all said and done, crying business must be upfront in the grind, the hard work, the preparation cause once you do the work upfront then you will get what is yours. There is no shortcut to success and USA shows us that plainly with what is medicocre players with nothing special talent, but guess what they are going to Brazil and jamaica and panama are not!

It is very interesting the things we cuss and fight about, farin versus local, ub40 versus Snow ballas, Blackman versus whiteman, academy versus whatever, but data showing Us won five of seven matches in the second half and two matches in injury time shows us that it is a team prepared to get a result late, very late in a game, due to fitness, focus and superior preparation, but we don't want to talk about superior preparation, superior fitness, why is that?

If we can't address poor preparation, poor fitness, poor concentration and finishing down the stretch we have no business playing ball at this level.

The last us game is very much the 'poster game' for this point. We played well for about 60 minutes then we fell apart down the stretch and we lost multiple games just like that, instead it is a personal blame game focused on local versus farin players, I cannot understand that kind of myopic 'don man word this' view on this issue.

Comment

How do you explain Mexico? Discipline and preparation is no doubt paramount but how do explain a team like Mexico who played the second most practice if not the most in the region and is pretty discipline team yet so far holding on to the skin of their teeth?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You could have stopped here ---- A TEAM prepared to get

get results!!!
        Period!!!

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        USA rightly dominated The hex as they were the most disciplined team down the stretch, two key words there, discipline and team. How else can you explain a team that scored a total of 15 goals and ten of those goals came in the second half, it is not about talent, it is not about where they play pro ball, it is not about mls versus farin players, it is about what the us is all about discipline, team and a commitment to finish what it started, grinding till the end, not celebrating before the fat lady sings.

USA won two games outright, stealing victory from what seemed definite draws with goals after the 90th minute, two games won like that out of ten and five games won in the second half is no mistake, it is preparation, it is commitment, it is dedication, it is sacrifice, it is team. USA is better than every other team in Concacaf in those things that are most important to getting a result and that is the real reason why Jamaica and panama are home twiddling their thumbs, not about talent, not about potential but about bottom line results, bottom line preparation, bottom line dedication.

There should be no crying when it is all said and done, crying business must be upfront in the grind, the hard work, the preparation cause once you do the work upfront then you will get what is yours. There is no shortcut to success and USA shows us that plainly with what is medicocre players with nothing special talent, but guess what they are going to Brazil and jamaica and panama are not!
        It was there for all to see in the US' transition say from World Cup 1998 through to 2002 though to 2006 through to 2010 through to present.

...but for 'the dim of sight' I think it was all laid out right there in the win against Panama in Panama...that 'explosion of brilliant light'! There you saw a disciplined TEAM...properly prepared physically, tactically and mentally!!! Yup!...it was there to see 'as plain as day'!!!

The reaction of those US players...those American said volumes. Muted...even matter-of-fact reaction after goals 2 and 3. It said we were prepared. No big thing! Thing is...IT IS A DAMN BIG THING that being prepared to be wonderfully effective TEAM!!! DAMN BIG THING!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What Jamaica needs to address FIRST is the poor & failed strategic approach to the game... which approach you support

Jamaica's strategy henceforth MUST be focused on local development FIRST & FOREMOST... all else is secondary

At this critical juncture it's vital that the lessons of the past 15 years of failure be learned...so that the chances of replicating the failures which produce no development & no WCQ... are reduced

You seems to wish to institutionalize the failed approaches by continued promotion of the now discredited snow balla strategy

These misguided attempts at codifying failure must be repulsed by any means necessary...lest we be condemned to be debating the harebrained approach ad infinitum

Within the hallowed confines of this Rum Bar I will play my part in trying to expose the bankruptcy of the failed strategies of the past 15 years
          Last edited by Don1; October 20, 2013, 12:54 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            How do you explain Mexico? Discipline and preparation is no doubt paramount but how do explain a team like Mexico who played the second most practice if not the most in the region and is pretty discipline team yet so far holding on to the skin of their teeth?
            I like the presentation -
            How do you explain Mexico.

...remember Mexico is one among 5 TEAMS that all prepared long and hard and they all could not lead the group... - or indeed because of limited allocated space for teams to qualify from our Hex they all could not make it.

As fact, the fight was for 3 spots that if gained won direct entry into the 2014 World Cup Final tournament and 1 that would entail a play-off that would have to be won to guarantee a place at said final.

I am sure you find it interesting that 2 of the 5 (well prepared TEAMs) wrapped up a World Cup Finals place with 2 matches remaining and that 3 were in with a chance of at least a play-off place with 1 match remaining.

...and that you also found it interesting that the only group of players without a chance at attending at the World Cup Finals on the last match day were in the only TEAM that had had no preparation.

Bwoy... ...yuh dun kno that if all the TEAMs had full preparation 2 would still be left not making it to the World Cup Finals.

The point Stoni made and other real football fanatics who are followers of the REGGAEBOYZ and on a general level, Jamaica's football make, is we may not qualify for a World Cup Finals or other tournament final round of matches but we should never 'shoot ourselves in the foot' by turning up underprepared or unprepared. Let us fail to gain a place at those finals because of matters other than a failure to prepare properly. ...or on thinking on the ideal, let us be better prepared than all other teams going into qualification for tournaments and indeed if we are so fortunate to advance going into the final tournaments.
            Last edited by Karl; October 20, 2013, 01:54 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

my point is, it takes preparation but more than that.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                my point is, it takes preparation but more than that.
                it takes preparation plus more

Comment

Come on Sass my argument is based on all others things being somewhat equal, since you bring up the case of Mexico it was very clear that the team was not motivated and sometimes that comes from overly high expectations relative to the necessary effort to actually win the games, we saw that throughout and Mexico never adjusted to the fact that Azteca was not the overwhelming advantage it has always been for them, so every game in the Azteca was tough and games on the road were worse, except of course for that great gift of two additional points we gave them.

All other things being somewhat equal, not perfectly but somewhat, if one team chooses to neglect fitness, preparation and chemistry it is clear that the team will be at a disadvantage to the other competitors.

Comment

Yes, yes, when a team can run at you and break you down late in the game that means they came to war and you came to play "dolly house" we saw that in panama game clearly and the two jamaica games as well, we keep seeming to forget this too, USA knocked us out of 2006 or 2002 prehex with a 89 minute goal by Brian Ching in the Office, in our yard, at home, them things should never happen in sequence like that, that shows our calypso mentality, Reggae is rebel music rebels don't get beaten at home, in the final minutes of the match in the most critical match, sheer sloppiness and indiscipline.

Comment

yeah brethren mi nah assume anything, me rather get the full hundred because motivation, togetherness and coach's decision can make a big difference.

Comment

A Mexican told me the problem with the team this year is too many foreigners.

I have not personally researched it, nor have I asked him what he meant by foreigner.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are you just throwing together some excuses/reasons for Mexico's failures thus far? When it comes to hind-sighting, no one does it better than you, Stoni.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Stoni, you are the one to perpetuate this local vs fariner ting. All this nonsense about them having to deal with snow and racism when the struggles of local ballas are immensely more difficult than the occasional period when snow falls or when they encounter a bigot. Local ballas have 24-7-365 struggles. So let's not get it twisted.

Better you had said the snow ballas have to face higher quality players and teams than local ballas and just leave it at that, because that would have been valid.

Anyway, let's move on.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did you ask him what was the problem with Mexico this year or what was the problem with Jamaica the previous years and the upcoming years?
                              Last edited by World Fan; October 21, 2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X