No announcement yet.

Blatter: African team may never win World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Suarez never tief out Ghana, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by world fan View Post
      On every occasion that there has been a Word Cup final competition, no country outside of Europe or South America has ever won(past performance).

Why not just limit the competition to just those two continents(future results)?
      Who advocated anything like this? You're making a strawman argument.

My point is that Africa will have a much stronger argument for more WC spots when we finally see a WC with more than 1 African team in the second round.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

What is your position on increasing the number of associate cricket spots in the World Cup cricket competition?

We all know Ireland, Canada, Netherlands, Scotland etc do not stand a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere in the competition but they are contemplating increasing the number of spots.

What is/was your stand on this?
        Last edited by World Fan; October 31, 2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          That's an incredible statistic. Makes me stop and think seeing that I see African teams being stronger than all of CONCACAF teams with the exception of Mexico of past.
          They have failed to advance, not because on man-to-man comparisons they are not better than our CONCACAF TEAMs, because they never play up to their TEAM potential. ...make of themselves TEAM then 'look out world' 'worries'.

Example of great number of talented players...yet so-so TEAM is IVORY COAST.
          If made into TEAM they could win it all!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X