Blatter is a real piece of work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blatter is a real piece of work

Blatter apologises to Ronaldo after Real star's sarcastic attack on FIFA president following mocking Oxford Union address

By Pete Jenson and Gerard Brand
    PUBLISHED: 07:33 EST, 29 October 2013 | UPDATED: 14:34 EST, 29 October 2013 13 shares
    View
    comments

Sepp Blatter has apologised to Cristiano Ronaldo after the Real Madrid star attacked him in a sarcastic post on Facebook.
    FIFA president Blatter had earlier mockingly impersonated Ronaldo in a speech to the Oxford Students Union. During a discussion in which Blatter said he preferred Lionel Messi, the FIFA president got out of his chair to do an impersonation of Ronaldo. Blatter also seems to have a dig at the Madrid forward, saying that 'one has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other'.
    This caused the Portuguese, shortlisted for the 2013 Ballon d'Or, to post on Facebook: 'This video shows clearly the respect and consideration that FIFA has for me, for my club and my country.

VIDEO Scroll down to watch Sepp Blatter do an impersonation of Cristiano Ronaldo

Backlash: Ronaldo has hit back at Blatter after his comments while addressing the Oxford Student Union

Mocking: Blatter gets out of his chair during a discussion at Oxford Union and impersonates Ronaldo

TRANSCRIPT OF SEPP BLATTER ON MESSI v RONALDO AT OXFORD UNION

'They are both exceptional players, but they are totally different. They are totally different stars.

'Lionel Messi is a good boy, that every father and every mother would like to take home. He's a good man, he's very fast, and he's not exuberant, he's playing well, he's dancing. He's a kind man, a good boy. That's what makes him so popular, and naturally he'll always get a lot of votes because he plays well and scores goal.

'The other one (Ronaldo) is something else. He is like a commander on the field of play. (Blatter then mock marches around the stage and receives a round of applause).

'This is the other side of football and it's good to have commanders on the field.

'They don't have the same attitude and that gives life to football. One has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other but that doesn't matter.

'I can't say who is the best - there will be a contest again this year at the Ballon d'Or.

'I like both of them, but I prefer Messi.'

'Much is explained now. I wish Mr. Blatter health and a long life, with the certainty that he will continue to witness, as he deserves, the successes of his favourite teams and players.'
    Blatter later wrote on Twitter: 'Dear @Cristiano. I apologise if you were upset by my light-hearted answer at private event on Friday. I never meant to offend you.
    'I am an honorary 'socio' at Real Madrid @cristiano & explained we've many talented players in world game, including you. Best wishes.'

This came after Real Madrid wrote to FIFA asking Blatter to apologise for comments he made about Ronaldo.
    In his press conference ahead of Wednesday's game against Sevilla, Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said: 'The president [Florentino Perez] has sent a letter to FIFA asking Blatter to rectify his comments that showed a lack of respect to Cristiano.'

Sorry Sepp: Blatter's two-part apology to Ronaldo

Training: Ronaldo (left) alongside Gareth Bale as Real Madrid prepare for Wednesday's match against Sevilla
    During his appearance in Oxford on Friday night, Blatter complained he was wrongly perceived as a Bond villain or the evil Sheriff of Nottingham.
    Blatter, who believes he should be compared instead to Robin Hood, blamed the British media for misrepresenting him and FIFA’s good works.

He told the students: ‘I hope your education has taught you to have a healthy scepticism about what you hear and read.

Rivals: Blatter says he prefers Barcelona forward Messi (front) to Ronaldo

‘Perhaps you think I am a ruthless parasite sucking the lifeblood out of the world and out of football. The godfather of the FIFA gravy train. An out-of-touch, heartless schmoozer.’

Blatter blatantly chased the sympathy vote, adding: ‘Honestly, some of the criticism just astounds me. They would have you believe that I sit in my headquarters in Zurich with a sinister grin, gently stroking the chin of an expensive white Persian cat as my terrible sidekicks scour the earth to force countries to host the World Cup and hand over all of their money.
    ‘You might have been led to believe FIFA is the evil Sheriff of Nottingham. But the truth is we have more in common with Robin Hood, taking the money we get from our commercial partners and ploughing it back into the grassroots for all to benefit.'
    Ancelotti: Blatter's Ronaldo comments 'disrespectful'

Demand: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez (right) has written a latter to FIFA asking for an apology

Speech: Blatter appeared in front of students at the Oxford Union on Friday night

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2j8ysTmsc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Why is this even news?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Big respect to Ronaldo, he showed pure class.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Election time and Christiano is feeling sad again.

Comment

The president of FIFA publicly naming his favorite player in a competition is not being inappropriate?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            The president of FIFA publicly naming his favorite player in a competition is not being inappropriate?
            Agreed. Plus, FIFA has made lots of noise about respect and showing respect. Blatter's true colours were on show...that lowlife punk, thief, despot! I hate him.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
            X