Toure questions United’s title hopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure questions United’s title hopes

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure believes Manchester United will find it hard to defend the Premier League title as they struggle to adapt to life under David Moyes.

United headed in to the 2013-14 season with new manager for the first time since 1986 following Sir Alex Ferguson’s shock retirement and the champions have taken time to adjust to the changes.

A tough start to the campaign, which included matches against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City, has seen the Red Devils claim just four wins from nine matches to leave them eight points adrift of leaders Arsenal.

Things have improved in recent games but Toure believes the champions will find it difficult to close the gap on their rivals.

“United will find it hard to defend the title since they have a new manager and are really struggling,” Toure told The Sun.

While United have struggled this term, Liverpool have enjoyed a solid start to their campaign with just one loss and Toure has tipped Brendan Rodgers’ side to continue their good run of form.

“Liverpool are a big threat at the moment because they have a strong squad and their strikers – Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge – are scoring goals at will,” Toure added.
    by: Michelle, October 31, 2013
    Last edited by Karl; October 31, 2013, 09:59 AM.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Well MU is currently sitting 8th in the table, I hope Moyes sees this as a means to get the team motivated.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

BoyU's fixture list through to Dec. 2013.

Tough road ahead!

Teams - Fulham, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich - former BoyU teams would roll over are now in with a chance to roll over BoyU

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-An...d-Results.aspx
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Tough road ahead!

Teams - Fulham, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich - former BoyU teams would roll over are now in with a chance to roll over BoyU

"teams would roll over"

What yuh smoking Karl? Give MU some credit. When Arsenal got beaten like a slave (8-2) did they roll over?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          "teams would roll over"

What yuh smoking Karl? Give MU some credit. When Arsenal got beaten like a slave (8-2) did they roll over?
          We shall watch di ride!!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tough road ahead!

By the way, what a way you know the Manutd website? Mi suspect you may be an undercover fan. Why would you be on MU's site? Talk the truth, you worry that Moyes may get it right too soon?

Comment

I was wondering myself Mr. President. Nuff a dem likkle man yah a undercover Empire fans but fraid fi come out a the closet. The biggest closet ManU fan here is Paul Marin followed closely by Sidekick X.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I was wondering myself Mr. President. Nuff a dem likkle man yah a undercover Empire fans but fraid fi come out a the closet. The biggest closet ManU fan here is Paul Marin followed closely by Sidekick X.
                X? Damn, that explains the bad run by MU.

Comment

Lol.....joke of the day....Man u a guh down...lol
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Visit many football web sites.
                    I am a proud fanatic!

Comment

Visit many football web sites.
                      I am a proud fanatic!
                      I am a football fanatic, I guess because I'm a MU fan I don't have time to check out the sites of smaller teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        I am a football fanatic, I guess because I'm a MU fan I don't have time to check out the sites of smaller teams.

Get ready

We need you here. As you and your BoyU go through the period up until the end of the year please do not harm yourself...or cry yourself unto weakness?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well... the way your team is headed you will be checking the website of a "small" team regularly... anyway, you an Jangle too lie cah unuh well know seh unuh check odda site, especially MCity, Arsenal and dare I say Liverpool!!
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X