Mosiah - Question about Jermaine Hue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosiah - Question about Jermaine Hue

First, let me say that I can't remember seeing him play, therefore I can't "judge" his ability/talent.
    I have seen you & others gush about his talent & standard of play, but he's unable to keep a pro contract for more than a season & I don't remember him even getting a trial in any of the TOP leagues. Why do you think this is???

You never asked me...but I first saw him in 2005 when he was

a great talent with huge potential.

I first saw him at Giants Stadium (I think) in New Jersey. Cannot for the life of me remember our opponents...but it took me but a few minutes after seeing his touch, passing and movement/movement and passing that if exposed to life with the 'big boys' he would fit in.

He was far from a player at the very highest of quality...and that had to do with his understanding of the game. His technical skills were superb. That was talent needing the right arena for development.

Unfortunately this is an older (old) Hue. Time for him has run out. Perhaps he could be a bit player...not his fault that the coaches were either inept or at the national level short-sighted.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The only thing missing from Jermaine Hue's repertoire is speed over ground.

There have been rumours that Harbour View killed some deals by asking for too much money for him. Indeed, Jermaine took things into his own hands when he played with Kansas City and the Swedish team. That's my understanding, at least.

The other thing I would say is Jermaine is a playmaker, the player through which most of the attacking moves will flow. If he goes on a trial and is asked to play some support role wide, then he's not going to look like the Maestro we know. I have seen that happen.

But take it from me, and from the many players in the league who have been inspired by him, he has it all - passing of the highest calibre, superior understanding of the game, shooting genius, fight and desire. He is no speed machine, but that by itself would not have precluded him from playing pro ball abroad for years.
      Last edited by Mosiah; November 5, 2013, 10:49 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Aside: Pirlo played in the Juve v Real match today...that

type class could have been Hue's.

His talent was TOP OF THE WORLD. Opportunities to develop that talent never came his way. His is a case of our then local coaches not knowing a rat's arse about football and inadvertently burying Hue's talent.

- Watching the Juve v Real tape between watching CNN and MSNBC call the US local elections and reading the forum.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thanks for the 411. You (Jamaica) need to stop ignoring the growth, development & guidance of your talented players, because of that so many have lost out on realizing their goals & dreams and Jamaica has missed out on what could have been some special teams over the years.

Comment

Info appreciated. I asked Mo because he seem to have a relationship with Hue & follows his career.

Comment

Karl have you come full circle as you race towards old age? Didn't you almost choke on your Ensure when I compared Hue to Pirlo? Nuh worry me friend Mosiah soon join you at Shady Pines fi keep yuh company.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Karl have you come full circle as you race towards old age? Didn't you almost choke on your Ensure when I compared Hue to Pirlo? Nuh worry me friend Mosiah soon join you at Shady Pines fi keep yuh company.
                Yuh read, boss?
                Yuh even tink pan wha yuh seh?

As Gamma luv seh - Yuh a compare apples to oranges.
                You spoke of Hue being at this time comparable to Pirlo. That is madness.
                Please go back to what I said? Yuh read henny tink bout "could have been/should have been" if he got the opportunities? ...did you take away anything from how Pirlo plays - His mobility. Proper movement with and without di ball. The way he attacks the ball. His 'millions' of quick releases. His 'tons' of one-time passes. Yuh si Hue ave henny a dat?

Jus tink why mi seh Hue di need a tutor/teacher/coach an opportunity?
                Fi mek im larn di game!!!!

Di man ole and slow an im still nah even walk roun constantly wen pan di field.

Im nuh innah di one-time pass ting 99.9999999999+% of di time. Im affi pet di ball. Blow pan hit. Kiss hit nuff-nuff and dem lose hit!!!

Im rite foot deh pan 'ongle fi balance time'. Not even now han agen di man wi use hit. Nat even toe-poke/toe-punch?

Him was neva Pirlo...but di POTENTIAL (to become Pirlo-like) waus dere!!! han-for-tuh-nate-ly neva fi get developed.

Hue caaan 'kill' a baaal an pass fi kill yuh dead...but Boss, 99.99999+% ave di time yuh naah get nuh fi mek nuh pass hor even get di baaal iffen yuh caan move...foiget bout move properly on and off the ball and be leader and passer such has a Pirlo. Di man wid dem deh lacka touch his a liability as he is immobile and wen im duh get di ball im a 'kiss hit, kis hit hup' an a pet hit suh di TEAM's opponent dem caaan com rob im...im TEAM a di ball - by taking it from him/off of him; cut off passing lanes that were once open; apply pressure to his intended recipient of his passes...etc., etc. Yuh tink a suh baal play? ...giving help to your opponents, constantly???

Thank you.

Yuh a boni fide fren...but sometimes yuh mek mi waan A di tear hout yuh hair emoticon dis?
                Last edited by Karl; November 6, 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Spoken by someone who may have seen Hue play 5 times in 20 years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is why i can't take this forum seriously...

Comment

Mi fi tell yuh! Even Assasin has watched more NPL matches than Karl! Yet he feels he's in a position to breakdown Maestro's abilities with his lies.

Sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Yuh read, boss?
                        Yuh even tink pan wha yuh seh?

As Gamma luv seh - Yuh a compare apples to oranges.
                        You spoke of Hue being at this time comparable to Pirlo. That is madness.
                        Please go back to what I said? Yuh read henny tink bout "could have been/should have been" if he got the opportunities? ...did you take away anything from how Pirlo plays - His mobility. Proper movement with and without di ball. The way he attacks the ball. His 'millions' of quick releases. His 'tons' of one-time passes. Yuh si Hue ave henny a dat? In one word - a resounding YES!!!

Jus tink why mi seh Hue di need a tutor/teacher/coach an opportunity?
                        Fi mek im larn di game!!!!

Di man ole and slow an im still nah even walk roun constantly wen pan di field. Pirlo nuh faster than HUE pon the field.

Im nuh innah di one-time pass ting 99.9999999999+% of di time. Im affi pet di ball. Blow pan hit. Kiss hit nuff-nuff and dem lose hit!!! He is forced to do that because of the SLOWER thinkers around around him and those with far lesser skills. Weh yuh waan the man fi do play one-time ball to duppy?

Im rite foot deh pan 'ongle fi balance time'. Not even now han agen di man wi use hit. Nat even toe-poke/toe-punch? Yuh really waan me list ballers playing at the highest level who ongly play wid one foot??? Valencia, Messi, Maradonna....need I say more???

Him was neva Pirlo...but di POTENTIAL (to become Pirlo-like) waus dere!!! han-for-tuh-nate-ly neva fi get developed.

Hue caaan 'kill' a baaal an pass fi kill yuh dead...but Boss, 99.99999+% ave di time yuh naah get nuh fi mek nuh pass hor even get di baaal iffen yuh caan move...foiget bout move properly on and off the ball and be leader and passer such has a Pirlo. Di man wid dem deh lacka touch his a liability as he is immobile and wen im duh get di ball im a 'kiss hit, kis hit hup' an a pet hit suh di TEAM's opponent dem caaan com rob im...im TEAM a di ball - by taking it from him/off of him; cut off passing lanes that were once open; apply pressure to his intended recipient of his passes...etc., etc. Yuh tink a suh baal play? ...giving help to your opponents, constantly??? I only saw HUE playing on tv when he plays for Jamaica, so I can only judge him on those performances. However, EVERYTIME barring maybe one occasion, he looks like the best player on the field. I don't see any opponents "com rob im...im TEAM a di ball - by taking it from him/off of him".

Thank you.

Yuh a boni fide fren...but sometimes yuh mek mi waan A di tear hout yuh hair emoticon dis? Trust me I feel the same way wid yuh too
                        ~sigh~ yuh hopeless.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X