Houston Advances In MLS Playoffs; Omar Cummings Gets Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Advances In MLS Playoffs; Omar Cummings Gets Winner

Omar Cummings scored the winning goal in the 105th minute to put Houston in the MLS East Conference playoffs with a 2-1 overtime win (4-3 aggregate) over the New York Red Bulls.

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    a 2-1 overtime win (4-3 aggregate) over the New York Red Bulls.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I think you're a little too happy.
      Could you ask DC United if they could lease one of their MLS Championship trophies to NY until they're able to win ONE ???

Comment

The jinx continues. After leading in Houston 2-0 on Sunday, they messed up and conceeded two simple goals. Last night, Houston's kepper Hall (M.O.M in my view) made a mistake allowing Red Bulls to score. After that, is like a father on prom night .... no scoring round here.

I must question the coach's decision to use Cahill as a midfielder instead of as a forward. At 1-1 he put on a spanish youth who was as ineffective as the Jamaica Prime Minister.

That said, Houston soaked up the pressure when they had to and I must admit, after Cummings scored it was over. Even if the Bulls had equalized and it went to shootout, with Hall's performance, I would have expected Houston to win.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As usual, playoffs reach and you can't get any goal from the Arsenal great.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
            As usual, playoffs reach and you can't get any goal from the Arsenal great.
            Well, last night he hit the crossbar ... another attempt he controlled the ball with his right foot and at the same time shifted the ball to his left foot, only to see it go pass the post. I swear, when I saw he had the clear shot I was already up to celebrate the goal. Looking back at it, would he have scored had he taken the one time shot with the right foot? We'll never know.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
              I think you're a little too happy.
              Could you ask DC United if they could lease one of their MLS Championship trophies to NY until they're able to win ONE ???
              There is no such thing as too happy when the Cows lose. NO SUCH THING!!!

Comment

damn, Mosiah mssi all the good MLS games. Why only the bad games him watch???

Good to see Cumming back.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  The jinx continues.
                  The jinx was you guys winning a buck up trophy in the first place.

Comment

Den call mi and tell mi fi watch nuh man!

A friend actually invited me to the Red Bulls match but I had a previous engagement.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X