No announcement yet.

Freddy Adu on the move again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still don't understand the fuss that surrounded Freddy.
    Was invited to see him play youth soccer in VA & technically he wasn't the best player, BUT his dribbling & creativity was what separated him from the pack. It wasn't anything special to me, because I saw youth players in Jamaica who were just as creative, some more creative. When I voiced my opinion, I was called ignorant & crazy and had to find my way back to DC.

***Look at JJ. His creativity puts him at the EPL level, BUT technically & tactically he can't cut it at that level.

Comment

Well as a 13/14 year old he was making a mockery of our National under 17 defenders, so I certainly understood the hype (not the "next pele" level hype).
      At his age he was far ahead of his peers. Now the questions are, is it funny age? or just regular varied youth development of individuals that led to him stagnating?

Comment

I think Freddie has some talent as I can recall back in the day when he visited Kansas City to play the then KC Wizards with DC United, he looked good for 14 year old. Well, that was the claim at the time that he was 14.

Maybe if he were to have been found in one of the bigger footballing countries, things would have been different. Freddie was committed to the professional game too early and I guess there are somethings he might be missing right now. As USAF said, it is like a JJ. We know he is full of talent, but at the highest level, he just not there or is not consistent enough to be worth consideration by teams.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

If we had 24 yo Playing u15....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agree with playing kids his own age. If he had, he would have never been in the mls....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think he was at least 2 years older than what was stated.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Oh "at least" ....

Comment

Klinnsman migh yet call him for the world cup

Comment

Working...
                  X