Rodgers has built a better Liverpool squad than Benitez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers has built a better Liverpool squad than Benitez

Xcuse i know you are too busy to post this, so I'm just helping you out here.

Rodgers has built a better Liverpool squad than Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish, claims Johnson

By John Drayton
    PUBLISHED: 04:31 EST, 12 November 2013 | UPDATED: 08:56 EST, 12 November 2013 47
    View
    comments

Glen Johnson believes Liverpool's current squad is the strongest he has played in since moving to Anfield in 2009.
    The right back, who has also played under Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish during his Reds career, claims Brendan Rodgers has assembled the best group of players since he joined the club.

Rodgers has guided Liverpool to second in the Premier League and his side continued their fine run with a 4-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday.
    VIDEO Scroll down to see Brendan Rodgers thrilled with his formidable Liverpool line-up

Flying high: Liverpool's Glen Johnson and Luis Suarez celebrate the third goal against Fulham on Saturday

Sharp shooter: Suarez celebrates scoring Liverpool's fourth goal against Fulham on Saturday
    'We’ve had some fantastic players in the past that have obviously moved on,' Johnson told liverpoolfc.tv.

'But in terms of a squad and starting XI, I think it’s the best since I’ve been around.'

Johnson made his return to action at Anfield after more than six weeks on the sidelines and the England international was pleased by his side's turnaround after defeat to Arsenal last week.

'Every good team bounces back after a disappointing result,' he said. 'To do that with a clean sheet and four goals is an ideal day.

'We’ve got to make this a difficult place for teams to come and play, and easier for us to play and get the points.

'If we keep working like that, I’m sure we’re going to give every team a good game.'
    Rodgers: We had 30 shots on goal and could have scored more

Concern: Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge suffered an injury scare at Anfield over the weekend
    Super: Suarez has been in excellent form for Liverpool this season

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

not bad going there "youth coach" ..... napoli and 'pool heading in different directions

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      not bad going there "youth coach" ..... napoli and 'pool heading in different directions
      Well...that was a big time big up from Johnson, that's for sure. RB betta bring Napoli strong, else X ago start bawl.. especially when the youth coach lift di league tykle.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        Well...that was a big time big up from Johnson, that's for sure. RB betta bring Napoli strong, else X ago start bawl.. especially when the youth coach lift di league tykle.
        Do not know if you are joking, Paul...but this 'pool TEAM is in with a great chance!

...however, I hope My GUNNERS does that heavy lifting come the end of the season.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Do not know if you are joking, Paul...but this 'pool TEAM is in with a great chance!

...however, I hope My GUNNERS does that heavy lifting come the end of the season.
          Half joking Karl. In all seriousness, there are 8 teams that could win this thing. Liverpool's advantage over last year's top 4 is that they don't have European competition and now we don't have Carling Cup. Our problems were on display for everyone to see against Arsenal as it was obvious we lacked depth with Coutinho and Johnson out...I mean Flannagan!? Lord help we.

Anyway, with no Europe and no CC, then we are in good shape, but we have to maintain a healthy squad. We actually could win it if FSG busted open the checkbook in January and buys a serious play-making midfielder (or 2). Our problems lie there. If we had fi unu midfield we would romp home with the title...said another way...if unu had our defense and strike force (not to mention goalie)...it would be a shoe-in for the gunners.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Half joking Karl. In all seriousness, there are 8 teams that could win this thing. Liverpool's advantage over last year's top 4 is that they don't have European competition and now we don't have Carling Cup. Our problems were on display for everyone to see against Arsenal as it was obvious we lacked depth with Coutinho and Johnson out...I mean Flannagan!? Lord help we.

Anyway, with no Europe and no CC, then we are in good shape, but we have to maintain a healthy squad. We actually could win it if FSG busted open the checkbook in January and buys a serious play-making midfielder (or 2). Our problems lie there. If we had fi unu midfield we would romp home with the title...said another way...if unu had our defense and strike force (not to mention goalie)...it would be a shoe-in for the gunners.
            Agreed.
            Now if we had your attacking one - Luis Suarez, we would be...in this EPL season...currently unbeaten!!!

Now?! Now?! Paul?!
            I kill Dunny on Mertesacker's lack of pace...but the man is definitely the best defender on positioning and 'reading of the game'.

Then there is; Thomas Vermaelen on form is among the best defenders in the World...never mind the EPL. ...so?

In context of the EPL [no further. Certainly not regarding the more (World) open Champions League and World Cup Championships]:
            i) GUNNERS defensive woes are over-rated.

ii) It is the prolonged unavailability of the pure striker, Lukas Podolski, and to a lesser extent the speed merchant, Theo Walcott, that is hampering my GUNNERS.

When that widening of our options upfront 'kick-in' we shall become a more threatening force.

btw - In our match against BoyU we missed Mathieu Flamini. His body was on the field but the full force of his prowess was missing. Flamini has been troubled by his injuries and lay-off. He shall be back.

We are a baaaad TEAM.

Player most disappointed in - Jack Wilshere. He has made magnificent plays in some matches but based on skill level, talent and potential he is playing waaaay below abilities.
            Last edited by Karl; November 14, 2013, 11:37 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

wouldn't it be great if everyone was 100% 100% of the time? not even machines are 100% 100% of the time ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                wouldn't it be great if everyone was 100% 100% of the time?
                On one level...yes!
                ...on another 'boring'!!!

not even machines are 100% 100% of the time ....
                Ooooh...yes!

Comment

Working...
                X