Game over: U17 fail to qualify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game over: U17 fail to qualify

Well, the U17 seems to play a spirted game but ended losing to T&T.

Now, who do we have to blame for the lack of qualification of this U17 team?

The games are being played in Jamaica.
    CONCACAF has 5 teams to qualify.
    Only Trinidad to beat and they qualify, but still lose
    Poor play throughout the tournament

Even during Carl Brown's era, Jamaica finished 4th but now we can't finish in the top 5.

I will start it from now. The Boxhill Administration must go.

Re: Game over: U17 fail to qualify

Boxhill has shown a record of failure over the past 3 1/2 years. I wonder what will he base his reelection campaign on for the upcoming elections in November? The wuk bigger than yuh Boxhill> Recognize that and move aside.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Have no fear. Siccko will soon find a way to defend Boxjuice. At least Mosiah is trying to distance himself.

Comment

Blame?

Lack of adequate preparation!

As a seh before yuh cyaan prepare fi play Manning Cup and daCosta Cup and practise against 2nd form students.

I hate to say it but if our U-17; U-20; U-23 teams are in good nick then there is not one single solitary Jamaican NPL team that should be able to beat them. Our international teams - from U-17 through to senior teams - practising against local teams should, at this time of where our local teams quality of play stands, be only used as 'feel good' sessions.

I do not care if our squads sit in Jamaica and play against locals everyday...it is, without adequete diet of quality international competition, a waste of time. You cannot prepare to play Manning Cup and DaCosta Cup and have the Manning and D'Cup team prepare against 2 formers!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

final score

Comment

what was the final score

Comment

It's about darn time!

I started the Boxhill Administration must go campaign from he got elected bout 3 years ago. (Tilla, ReggaeFan, Mosiah, Gamma, Assasin, Scaly, T.K. and yourself... are just a few of my witness).

Some Jamaicans just love to tolerate failure. Football is business first. You can't assign running a business to individuals who are not business oriented.

Say all unuh want about Cap'n Burrell. He placed Jamaica on the football map.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL Stop call me name, mi never supported Boxhill sah.
                I had more sense than than.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hunt must stay and Boxhill must go.
                  Jamaica football need to start developing the coaches. We have a few talented coach but we must make sure they are licensed and get regular seminars for coaches and players alike.

A bwoy we finish last again but at least it was a competitive last.
                  As usual our team lost the first game and has not scored first on any team so that show a lack of preparation on our part, and not lack of talent.
                  We are always fighting from behind.

It is time we stop thinking about Miracles and instead prepare. Boxhill must go as he doesn't realise the standard that is needed to compete in the region and it is hurting the teams. He also have too many unfulfiled promises and only can do one thing at a time, we need a multi tasker for the job.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So, it's really about Boxhill! Hunt must stay, they say!

Well, the feeling in Jamaica is a bit different. Yes, I think most agree that Boxhill must go, but yesterday when they anounced the team, the boos rang out when David Hunt's name was called.

Then again, what do the natives know about anything!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hunt seems to be good with the youth at his clubs, but at the National team level something seems a bit off with his selection of players and the subs.

Dean Weatherly doesn't need to be around the program. Poor poor performance by him. Boxhill and him should have stepped out right after the U-20 misery.

Comment

Hunt seems to be a decent coach. He just need some seminars and technical advise and he may one of our better coach.

To me he is an improvement over Jackie Walters.

Comment

So it seems Wendell Downswell did the right thing. Resign after the England tour debacle and took what he learned from the national program and used them to coach Reno.
                          Look where Reno finished in the NPL

Comment

Wendell was with the program for years.
                            Hunt is with the program for a few months and he hasn't done that bad and there seems to be room for developement. Give the man at least a year and improve the man talent.

Even St.Kitts can improve their coaching staff over a year, what about us?

Comment

I agree that Coach Hunt must stay since the 2007 edition of the CFU Youth Cup should start in August. Bora is in charge of preparing the U-23s for the Olympic qualifiers. Will he now have to prepare the U-16s for the CFU Youth Cup too?

Comment

Working...
                              X