HL for the final time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL for the final time

I never supported Boxhill. I said I didn't know enough about his leadership skills to support him as it seemed very limited at the time. Some people were saying yes support him, we need to get Burrell out but I couldn't support him based on what I knew and I think politics(PNP/JLP) was one of the main reason he got elected and I didn't like that.

I never supported the hiring of Carl Brown as I thought it was not wise of Burrell to hire a TD and send him to England at the same time for training, that in my opinion showed a lack of confidence and the fact that the TD was away for a long while only helped to damper the program. That was where we differ. The training should have been done before he was TD and not after.

I often spoke of the heights Burrell took us and his leadership quality. I didn't believe 30 million $$$ was a lot of money as it was operating cost and one or two full games could earn that amount. I even supported the promised shutdown since the government promised and didn't deliver more support. Yes Burrell made mistake but at least he lead from front and got results. Behind the scenes I have learned about a few charity things that Burrell did that is not public so I admire the man for that too.

I grew up with Ruddy Speid JFF treasurer. I know his family and we were in same class togather from grade six to fifth form. We were friends and almost almost brothers. I have nothing but respect for him, he is ambitious, he very smart, bright and honest. He loved accounting from a young age and I am proud of him and can only say good things about him although we haven't communicated much in the last 20 years.

I also know Gibson(JFF General Sec) but I stated I didn't think he was ready for the job when he got it. I stated I think he needed some grooming. He is also bright but had some ruff edges. He has grown but the lack of the knowledge and lack of confidence of Boxhill and Crew at the begining really hurted his performance. I haven't spoken to Gibson in a long time and he was not a friend, just schoolmate and I knew him as he was in a form or two below me.

There you have it, for the final time I didn't suport Boxhill
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Re: HL for the final time

Is it a crime to say that you supported or still support Boxhill?

Again, if presented with the same circumstances, I would support Boxhill again! Without a doubt!!!

Boxhill is only part of the problem. And my support, true or not of him, is even a lesser part of the problem. But we are easy targets.

Enjoy the target practice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is not a crime but I didn't and I am tired of HL misrepresting me without me so I hope it is the last.

If I did support Boxhill, I wouldn't be afraid to say I did.

I will talk up about Boxhill or Burrell whether I support them or not.
      I will not be any long term JLP/PNP supporter who can't realise that the opposition have something to offer sometimes if its even good ideas.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I understand. For some on this site, slander and libel (aka LIES) mean nothing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Suh Mosiah, who you think should be the next president for the JFF if the two choices are Boxhill and Burrell?

Comment

Clearly, one would have to kick out the current president. But Burrell should not be allowed to bring back his me or nothing attitude and it's the delegates that have to make sure that he remembers that football is the issue, nothing else!

The day when Burrell starts paying the TD and the entire football program out of his own money (or the bakery money) then he has a right to tell people to jump in the sea. Until then, he must remember, he answers to the delegates and subsequently to the people of Jamaica, including the RBSC!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X