Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we are totally missing!!

http://eiinsider.wordpress.com/2008/...football-club/

Here is the core of this issue below, all professional teams are digging into psychological make up of players, fundamentally trying to weed out players with high self regard or overinflated sense of ability as we have Nuff of in jamaica and those players that have that and also a low sense of responsibility for the team success and team cohesion, that combination is a killer for any team, creating the conditions across the team for lack of fight,lack of doing the things that will build a cohesive fighting unit, we have no clue in this regard, thus we see a high failure rate of what we consider super star ballers when they hit the snow, many cannot adapt.

(Malcolm explained that he feels Emotional Intelligence skills are key for those progressing through the academy, on the pitch – in terms of areas such as performing under pressure, supporting team members and showing leadership skills. Off the pitch, it was explained that players need to know how to conduct and “sell” themselves within the club. They have to deal with a variety of staff – coaches, psychologists, health and fitness professional, senior players etc; and how they project their own “brand” is integral to their progression.

Certain patterns have so far emerged within this cohort – with players generally showing higher levels of intra-personal intelligence, lower levels of adaptability and to a lesser extent, inter-personal skills. Malcolm commented that a number of the academy players have relatively high levels of self regard and self-actualization. He feels this may be on account of them having so far fulfilled their ambitions by reaching the academy. He feels that lower levels of adaptability combined with higher intra-personal intelligence suggest that players may be emotionally aware of a situation but may not have the resources to deal with it – resulting in avoidance. Because there is a strong culture of promoting the notion of “mental toughness” in soccer, players in need of help may be reluctant to ask for it in case their pleas are seen as indicators of weakness.

Another pattern to emerge with some has been a high self regard vs. low social responsibility combination – producing a caveat on the players’ ability to integrate cohesively into the team and management structures and suggesting a risk of high levels of ego orientation. The academy sees emotions as being contagious; that if players understand team members’ needs this triggers a togetherness and supportive culture which in turn breeds success on the pitch. Therefore they are looking to develop interpersonal areas in the players such as empathy and social responsibility. The academy also feel that emotional functioning has a direct impact on rest and recovery of players; that the emotional part of the brain is the resource centre of the person and that emotional and psychological demands directly impact on players recovery times.)

Comment

Here is the core of this issue below, all professional teams are digging into psychological make up of players, fundamentally trying to weed out players with high self regard or overinflated sense of ability as we have Nuff of in jamaica and those players that have that and also a low sense of responsibility for the team success and team cohesion, that combination is a killer for any team, creating the conditions across the team for lack of fight,lack of doing the things that will build a cohesive fighting unit, we have no clue in this regard, thus we see a high failure rate of what we consider super star ballers when they hit the snow, many cannot adapt.
      You come back wid di snow nonsense.

Explain for us, please, why it was the very snow ballas who were accused of lacking fight and that never-say-die attitude, the very thing the snow should have given dem till dem cup runneth over?!

How come, Stoni?

Hell, I spent 8 years of my life in Buffalo, NY. I have dealt with more snow in an hour than most have dealt with in a lifetime. I should be ready, willing and able to take on the world now! Once I overcome my fear of croaking lizards!

And that's my point exactly. Yes, living through certain hardships does steel you up, but steel derived from snow is not necessarily stronger than steel derived from gunshot and abject poverty.

But forget all of that! My problem was the family tree search conducted by the captain literally days before the Hex. Maybe we should be talking about the family tree ballas. Those are the ones I have a problem with!
      Last edited by Mosiah; November 22, 2013, 04:36 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What I saw in the Hex is a bunch of snow baller who couln't manage the heat. Some who were giving no effort despite the snow "hardships" they had been through.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          What I saw in the Hex is a bunch of snow baller who couln't manage the heat. Some who were giving no effort despite the snow "hardships" they had been through.
          RBZ didn't have even a snowball's chance in hell wid dem
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            My problem was the family tree search conducted by the captain literally days before the Hex. Maybe we should be talking about the family tree ballas. Those are the ones I have a problem with!
            This is the problem Mo, you are directing blame at the wrong place. Blaming the "players" and not the administration is unfair. If right now TODAY, Ghana came and told any of us that through our family tree we are eligible to play for them AND THEY WANT US even at our advanced years, who among you wouldn't lace up your boots? The players are not to blame because they are taking an opportunity that every professional footballer dreams of. Secondly, we need the largest possible pool no matter if they come from desert sands or from glaciers and thirdly, we need to develop a system that can integrate them into our teams effectively and purposefully. It is this third point where we need to focus, our systems are a mess.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

True! So true!

Mind you, some had the opportunity to play for us earlier so they are not without blame. This wait and see attitude, let's see if England calls my sorry a#s crap, is part of the problem.

But the admin deserves the bulk of my disgust!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We do blame the administration primarily. It is the JFF which pursues the bankrupt, myopic and totally failed policies.

However to the extent that the Snow Ballas were inept, insipid or disinterested.... there's no one to blame but them

We love to criticize the locals for that don't we... so why not the SnowFlakes?
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

True, so true!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This is some funny stuff, just the word "snow" and is like some transformer business. Mild, nice Reggaeboyz fans turn into raving, myopic turbo dancehall fanatics. :-€

Anyway not one person pick up on the key point, which is use of emotional intelligence analysis to pick players with a high team oriented attitude, less narcissistic inclinination and all about fight and sacrifice for team for bredrin for the relationships which you spend hours training together, eating together etc we are not even looking at this component at all. I have looked at a number of the basic requirements of the top youth academies across Uefa and they are all doing personality analysis as a first step in who to take and who to push to the side.

Comment

Working...
                      X