Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovell Palmer a rux anyways.

Comment

what you think cause that mentality. The fact that we have to win at all cost.
      The fact that we don't believe in building.
      The fact that we only sit one side and criticize every baller who come on the national side.

The fact that the best players is always not on the field mentality.

If Lovel had played and we lost this round you would have heard how many man deh a England wherever better than him, even if he was doing ok.

Nothing new, we see it right yah so.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Shavar wasn't really having a stellar career though. At the time during the early stages of qualifying, he was with Sporting KC. He wasn't getting any game for the most part.

Shavar was a bit slow for my liking as a central defender though. I would prefer Jermaine Taylor over him any day. I also think Nosworthy and Marriapa. They were the ones to put him out of business.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          what you think cause that mentality. The fact that we have to win at all cost.
          The fact that we don't believe in building.
          The fact that we only sit one side and criticize every baller who come on the national side.

The fact that the best players is always not on the field mentality.

If Lovel had played and we lost this round you would have heard how many man deh a England wherever better than him, even if he was doing ok.

Nothing new, we see it right yah so.
          wow Sass... dis is impressive!! Fine analysis!!!

Stoni, HL & Karl...tek notes from Master Sass

NPL & Manning Cup tuh di Whirl!!!!!!!!!!!!
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I hardly think the program would miss Lovel. He was way too inconsistent to be considered a good prospect for future team building. Let us take the opportunity and fill the void left by him with some good talent from yard.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              I hardly think the program would miss Lovel. He was way too inconsistent to be considered a good prospect for future team building. Let us take the opportunity and fill the void left by him with some good talent from yard.
              ..with good talent! Period!
              If foreign has greater talent than yard...then so be it!
              If yard has greater talent than foreign...then so be it!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am not against talent from foreign. I think however that the team-building has to start in Jamaica, then you strengthen the areas you need strengthening with players from elsewhere.

I am hoping that by the next World Cup, we would see the likes of young Omar Holness, Romario Camppbell, Martin Davis (if he comes good) and others like Butler's Chippy getting their chance to step to the plate. Although some of these guys could be abroad, I still consider them Yard players.

I also think if there are exceptional young foreign players who qualify to play for Jamaica and want to commit to the program early, we should not say no.

Comment

What about the snow factor?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do not cuss mi off like the poster how cuss mi bout emphasizing TEAM?
                    ...but let me repeat points we have argued over for many, many years -

I am not against talent from foreign. I think however that the team-building has to start in Jamaica...

- Tilla
                    Point 1: It begins in Jamaica in the minds of the JFF administrators.
                    Building a TEAM starts always with picking/selecting players available from those considered 'best for TEAM'.

Let us say we have a 36 year old center-back who is our best available but all signs point to that player being out of the TEAM before our next qualifier.

My way is when picking present TEAM we select that 36 year old player.
                    a) He makes the present TEAM the strongest it can possibly be...and proves great model for his successors to ape...and to ultimately be better than.

Why would you wish to make the TEAM weaker than necessary...and insert a less competent player for your up coming players to aspire to displace?

Would you not wish your replacement players to strain every 'brain cell' and muscle to be better than that 36 year old...the current best?

In the classroom and in life...and on the field setting the bar too low does nothing for the student.

In any case, the hope must be that in a 22 or 35 size squad having the best included demands of the rest of the squad constant striving to surpass that currently considered best to get in the take-the-field X1. It is easy to see such a policy fosters competition inside and outside of the squad.

Result - Should be increasingly better and better technical skilled and tactical aware players.

b) The coach and selectors must be ruthless in getting rid of those not worthy of place on merit.

That sends a message to the would be players on:-
                    i) fairness; ii) what is necessary to make TEAM i.e. target is being "the best" for TEAM.

Example: Mentioned over and over - I would have gotten rid of Luton Shelton for his repeatedly going it alone...while scoring tons v the 2nd formers as it would come back to bite us at the higher levels (as at higher levels defenders could double up on him knowing he would not pass - use his supposedly TEAMmates or know there is greater time to nullify his effectiveness as he would run );

...and... it would make him a better player as he would know "i" above and "ii" above;

...and...if after being dropped he really wished to play for our REGGAEBOYZ he would come back to the TEAM a much better player or not-at-all.

TEAM wins any which way you cut it!

Aside: I do not know if I explained myself in this manner before.

I am hoping that by the next World Cup, we would see the likes of young Omar Holness, Romario Camppbell, Martin Davis (if he comes good) and others like Butler's Chippy getting their chance to step to the plate. Although some of these guys could be abroad, I still consider them Yard players.
                    - Tilla
                    Have to agree that I look forward to some of that class improving by leaps and bounds and making the TEAM.

Martin Davis and young Butler could also make the transition to necessary quality.

Point 2.
                    I also think if there are exceptional young foreign players who qualify to play for Jamaica and wants to commit to the program early, we should not say no. - Tilla
                    Cannot agree with you here as inherent in what you say is "best TEAM Reggaeboyz" is not the aim. Rather it is "best young TEAM Reggae Boyz".

The question is - see: above - Why would you wish to have less than our best TEAM Reggae Boyz take the field? Are you not setting us up for failure - at local development and in competitions - friendlies and official tournaments - as you are sending the message and are, as fact, instituting a policy of "2nd best is good enough"?

No sah - Best TEAM only way to go!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                    X