RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EPL? One very interesting observation is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EPL? One very interesting observation is...

...Spurs slow disintegration as top TEAM.

AVB has his players moving at a slower pace than last year - players move slower into support positions on attack and defense...and also move the ball around slower.

This has all resulted in less TEAM effort and play and naturally losing the ball too much often.

Have not checked the stats but I am willing to bet that there is a fall off in possession compared to each of the previous 2 seasons - (...last season even worse than the season before?) - but viewing the matches this season it appears to my naked eyes that possession is markedly down on last season's.
    mmmm? - Lying eyes?

This match against BoyU...a not very good BoyU - Hey do not let the *early round slower paced Champions League 5 - 0 dismantling of BoyU's last opponents fool you into thinking that type play can be transferred to the EPL as Stoni's oft repeated time-space compression or its substitute phrase time–space distantiation references kick-in - is crucial to Spurs (this season's) future well-being. Truly I can see AVB 'losing the players'...'players 'losing belief' in the TEAM and accelerated downward spiral.

Spurs for 8th to 12th at the end of the season if things continue as they are? I think possible. ...and to think at the start of the season I expected Spurs to be better than Gareth Bales' last year

Could it be that dispite AVB's apparent calm during his interviews he is in panic mode - i.e. pressures causing brain to shut down therefore is not seeing the problems and therefore cannot take corrective action

*Consistently - matches in the Champions League pick up in intensity KO Rounds onwards.
    Last edited by Karl; November 30, 2013, 11:02 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Mawning Karl.
    A get de feeling it is all heightened concern about sixth placed Man U guised as empirical views on Spurs.
    It all has to be realized by Man U,hence it being unknown counts for something.
    My guess is Spurs will be looking to tirn things around immediately(things wasn't always that way)but as bad luck would have it,tt is the wrong time to host Man U.

Comment

Bad feeling, Rockman.

...and look how Sam's club destroyed Martin Jol's.?
      Is it, "Bye! Bye!...Martin"?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Seems the media is helping,he is on his own.Either get desired changes or be changed.

Comment

For the past two seasons, Suprs was kept afloat by the exploits of Bail. There were times when he single-handedly plucked victory out of the jaws of defeat for them. With him now gone, that X factor has disappeared.

AVB cannot afford another defeat at this time in the BPL. Will have to see how he holds up to this match tomorrow.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            For the past two seasons, Suprs was kept afloat by the exploits of Bail. There were times when he single-handedly plucked victory out of the jaws of defeat for them. With him now gone, that X factor has disappeared.

AVB cannot afford another defeat at this time in the BPL. Will have to see how he holds up to this match tomorrow.
            Defoe came on and won a few matches!!! ...but my point is the played much faster. Opposing teams never had so much time setting up on defense....and so much time on the ball while on attack.

... similar to our Hex opponents gift of time by our REGGAE BOYZ!!!
            Last edited by Karl; November 30, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X