If you want to play quicker you can run faster, BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to play quicker you can run faster, BUT

...the ball decides the speed of the game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Simplistic answer could be 'players minds i.e. thinking capacity and use of same decide the speed of the game'.

...but 'the ball' deciding...anything?
    Don't think so!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Talk to a fellow by the name of Johan Cruyff. He's the one who said those words.

And by the way, your statement about "ball deciding"makes little sense.

I may be wrong, they do have some smart balls out there that can determine whether a goal was scored or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you can wet the field or oil the ball. LOL
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Talk to a fellow by the name of Johan Cruyff. He's the one who said those words.

I may be wrong, they do have some smart balls out there that can determine whether a goal was scored or not.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The Ball is Always faster than players

So you knew I would say something BB?

The younger we can teach players age 7-10/11 to run fast with out the ball they will be able to play fast with the ball in training. Players fast movements must mimic attacking movement of players feet. This can also be the same to prepare players to defend. Fast speed of feet will produce fast players and then this is the starting age and it keeps going. This will also produce a player that will have a higher level of football fitness as well and they be able to sustain playing fast and for longer periods of time.

One of the major problems that many youth coaches do is to do everything with the ball. They are producing a 'slow' players and they'll only be able to play slow in matches and while other teams training faster have a better chance of winning matches.

Remove the ball from some of your training that has an emphasis on speed of feet and our players will go faster and when you then ask to play with the ball fast (technically and tactically) they will play faster and with better possession.

This is a must in today modern game even though possession might be lost from time to time with younger youth players they will in time get good results. These movement practiced with a great amount of repetition will producing fast players for the the early teens through senior players. They'll never go as fast as a passed ball but they love what you've done for them when they are good enough to sign a contract one day. This is development and this is not debatable and most major top pro youth sides do this daily 5-6 days weekly.

The game though must be part of coaches daily training just as shooting must be and done fast. We read from RSPL coaches and the now national coach that Jamaica players do not score enough goals. Guess what? They were not trained enough without the ball to play fast and allot of the time they are closed down and can't pull the trigger. Player who can player fast and pass the ball fast creates more scoring opportunities and potentially more goals.

Baron...If you're home for Christmas we get get together. I'll be there Dec 24-Jan 7 visiting and work on a new synthetic turf pitch GSM will bring into Kingston. Coach B

Comment

Tell me when to whom he said this?
              Context is always important.

'memba long ago, mi seh the speed with which movement and passing/passing and movement occurs assist on gaining an advantage?

That quickness of action minimizes time your opponent can 'set up'...defend against you and your TEAM... 'Memba?

There is a reason those slow players act swiftly...but the languid ease of movement of some players may fool the 'untrained eye' into thinking they are moving slower than they actually are.

I will never forget Oscar in Jamaica - Brazil's 'slow' center-back outrunning our fast forward. I had a bird's eye view. I was 'on the line'/'running the line'. There is slow...and there is slow! 'Memba dat!

Comment

Karl, are you serious?!?

Here, you
                Tell me when to whom (they) said this?
                1. Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. - Yogi Berra

2. A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. - Wayne Gretzky

3. Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable. - Tom Landry

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh really, really...deh pan farm!!!

Comment

I am not shoveling anything, Karl!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is this to the Red Baron??
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Ahm.. ok. but den how yuh know who have the ball.. how di goalie mek a save ??

Comment

That was a Waste

That was a waste of time for those two characters. Guess they are in the antiquated stage of football.maybe 60-70's

Comment

Working...
                          X