Development? How? - Cadine Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development? How? - Cadine Graham

'I'm the best in the Caribbean' - Graham excited at winning MVP award at Digicel Chelsea Clinic

Published: Tuesday | December 3, 2013

Excelsior High School's Cadine Graham (front) wards off a challenge from a Campion College opponent during the recently concluded ISSA/LIME Manning Cup. - Ian Allen/Photographer

"When I got the award, I was like, yes! this is another major achievement for me."Those are the words of Excelsior's High School Manning Cup player, Cadine Graham, who was celebrating his success after winning the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award at the Digicel Chelsea Football Clinic one-week training camp, which ended in Barbados last week Monday.

The camp was held under the guidance of Chelsea's senior international development officer and Digicel Academy head coach, David Monk.
    Sixteen-year-old Graham was among three Jamaicans selected to participate in the camp, which included 39 youngsters from across the Caribbean.

Ryan Brown of Glenmuir High and Carru Barrett from Maggotty High were the Jamaicans at the camp in Barbados.

Crafty central midfielder Graham, who led Excelsior to the Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA)/Colts Under-16 title last year, believes hard work and dedication were key factors that contributed to him winning the award.

Graham won the ISSA/Under-14 cricket and basketball competitions with Excelsior in 2012. He also led Holy Family Primary to the Institute of Sports football title in 2009.

"It means that out of 39 players in the Caribbean, I am the best in the Caribbean at this stage, and this is a great achievement for me," said Graham, a resident of Rae Town, in Kingston.

"I am very happy for this because I have worked very hard for it. I just did the simple things and I just listened to my coach Lebert Halliman's advice and it paid off," said the soft-spoken player.

The talented Graham, who is an admirer of Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernández, added that he has gained a great deal of knowledge from camp and it gave him the opportunity to display his skills in front of a number of coaches from around the region.

"It was a great experience for me and I learnt a lot from it. I was taught a lot of things by the coaches, including how to get my first touch properly, be patient whenever I have possession of the ball and how to attack the space," Graham said.

HARD TRAINING

"It was a week of hard training, but I enjoyed it a lot. The coaches even compared me to Nigel Reo-Coker because of how I was playing," he said.
    Continuing he said: "They say they were impressed with my performance because of how I was keeping possession of the ball and not forcing the game when I am in possession of the ball."

Graham, who made a number of the substitute appearances for his school in the Manning Cup and Walker Cup knockout competitions, has now set his sights on securing a spot on Jamaica's Under-20 team.

"I would love to play for the national Under-20 team because I think being the MVP of this camp has taken my game to a new level," Graham said. "I know that I have the abilities and the skills that will be required to make the Under-20 team."

Graham currently represents Rae Town in the Kingston and St Andrew Football Association youth leagues and he hopes to become an accountant.

- Robert Bailey

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports2.html

NB: Posted here as 17 years old and aiming at U-20 National Team = adult player.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Di Bonafide ReggaeBoyz fi Watch

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    'I'm the best in the Caribbean' - Graham excited at winning MVP award at Digicel Chelsea Clinic

Published: Tuesday | December 3, 2013

Excelsior High School's Cadine Graham (front) wards off a challenge from a Campion College opponent during the recently concluded ISSA/LIME Manning Cup. - Ian Allen/Photographer

"When I got the award, I was like, yes! this is another major achievement for me."Those are the words of Excelsior's High School Manning Cup player, Cadine Graham, who was celebrating his success after winning the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award at the Digicel Chelsea Football Clinic one-week training camp, which ended in Barbados last week Monday.

The camp was held under the guidance of Chelsea's senior international development officer and Digicel Academy head coach, David Monk.
    Sixteen-year-old Graham was among three Jamaicans selected to participate in the camp, which included 39 youngsters from across the Caribbean.

Ryan Brown of Glenmuir High and Carru Barrett from Maggotty High were the Jamaicans at the camp in Barbados.

Crafty central midfielder Graham, who led Excelsior to the Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA)/Colts Under-16 title last year, believes hard work and dedication were key factors that contributed to him winning the award.

Graham won the ISSA/Under-14 cricket and basketball competitions with Excelsior in 2012. He also led Holy Family Primary to the Institute of Sports football title in 2009.

"It means that out of 39 players in the Caribbean, I am the best in the Caribbean at this stage, and this is a great achievement for me," said Graham, a resident of Rae Town, in Kingston.

"I am very happy for this because I have worked very hard for it. I just did the simple things and I just listened to my coach Lebert Halliman's advice and it paid off," said the soft-spoken player.

The talented Graham, who is an admirer of Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernández, added that he has gained a great deal of knowledge from camp and it gave him the opportunity to display his skills in front of a number of coaches from around the region.

"It was a great experience for me and I learnt a lot from it. I was taught a lot of things by the coaches, including how to get my first touch properly, be patient whenever I have possession of the ball and how to attack the space," Graham said.

HARD TRAINING

"It was a week of hard training, but I enjoyed it a lot. The coaches even compared me to Nigel Reo-Coker because of how I was playing," he said.
    Continuing he said: "They say they were impressed with my performance because of how I was keeping possession of the ball and not forcing the game when I am in possession of the ball."

Graham, who made a number of the substitute appearances for his school in the Manning Cup and Walker Cup knockout competitions, has now set his sights on securing a spot on Jamaica's Under-20 team.

"I would love to play for the national Under-20 team because I think being the MVP of this camp has taken my game to a new level," Graham said. "I know that I have the abilities and the skills that will be required to make the Under-20 team."

Graham currently represents Rae Town in the Kingston and St Andrew Football Association youth leagues and he hopes to become an accountant.

- Robert Bailey

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports2.html

NB: Posted here as 17 years old and aiming at U-20 National Team = adult player.
    Snow Balla dem (by definition) buss areddy... fi dem bread dun butta

Yute like dem yah wi need fi buss

Goat Pastures tuh di Whirl!!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

All that modesty at that.

Comment

it's always suprsing to me how it seems most of these kids who attend these camps and do well never seem to get anything beyond a u 17 call up ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          it's always suprsing to me how it seems most of these kids who attend these camps and do well never seem to get anything beyond a u 17 call up ...
          why should they get anything else... and why would you be surprised???

1. There's no development program for yutes with potential outside the recreational high school football the JFF defaults to (and many despise because their favored school has no capacity to compete)

2. Jamaica has ready access to hordes of mediocre "instant players" AKA "ReggaeBoyz to Watch" in England etc who can be called a month or two before an important tournament... many visiting the country for the first time..wooiiee

3. Since WCQ is apparently the prime (read only) JFF mission and we have many "instant players" from which to select or "fill out" an "instant team" for said WCQ ... there is zero imperative and zero public pressure to create a development program for yutes with potential.

That development system takes too much time, real work and money for our misleaders to act on

That's the "system" and JFF "policy" Jamaicans support .... while some ignoramuses bleat that Jamaica "has no football talent"

Road to Russia wi seh!!!!

I rest my case
          Last edited by Don1; December 4, 2013, 11:41 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It is simple - The talent is there! The age appropriate technical skills are there! ...but there is no understanding of "how the game is played"=lack of tactical skills and after leaving the camps no teacher and naturally teaching to aid development on same!!!

Even if a few are fortunate to go on trials - They are, as we (you and I) have learned the clubs have not the time to waste teaching what can be considered advanced age young player "how to play the game"...when there are players within the clubs geographic area and its wider area of influence who are tactically much more advanced.

...that is why I spent so much time (sleepless nights) with past clients and spend so much time with my new clients on teaching - "How to act on the field/how to play when on trials"!!!!

Completely differently actions needed to be attached/added to that individual technical skill set when playing 'real football' than that shown on a Jamaica NPL or ISSA playfield.

NB: Amazing to hear from Jamaica expert the decrying of the quality of play that is making players successful in professional league as leading to the players having regressed/as a regression?

Not for one moment do the Jamaica expert consider: "Could there be something I am missing as clearly the players are successful outside of my establishment? ...could my approach need tweeks?" Amazing?!

Our local teachers - ...and incidentally administrators... - are as Simoes' rightly said - "Living in a village where the thought is there also lives the prettiest girl in the world...". ...but the second part of Simoes' quote which tells of the leaving of the village and discovering that there are (many) more beautiful girls outside of village has not occurred.

Our local teachers are rooted in locked belief that they are teaching with lesson plans of most advanced/cutting edge 'material' and therefore their students are playing the absolute greatest of quality football in our ISSA and NPL leagues! Makes you want to puke...and weep!!!

Talent abounds!
            Teachers are marrers!
            Talent is buried!!!
            Poor players and TEAMs are the result!!!
            Last edited by Karl; December 4, 2013, 11:46 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and this will be taught by a PE teacher?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

and this will be taught by a PE teacher?
                Who has had the necessary teaching!
                ...look you are the quality lawyer you are only because of the training/teaching you had. ...and hopefully the teaching/training is ongoing and your quality 'lawyering' continuously improves.

Such thought and sentiment I think is respectively self-evident truth and attainable hope/wish!!! Right?

Comment

How many primary schools in Jamaica??? How many have these well taught PE teachers??

How many high school in Jamaica can run a program for more than two months a year without impacting track, netball, TT, cricket and lunch bill.

Do you know there are traditional high schools in Jamaica who have coaches who are not paid????
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    It is simple - The talent is there! The age appropriate technical skills are there! ...but there is no understanding of "how the game is played"=lack of tactical skills and after leaving the camps no teacher and naturally teaching to aid development on same!!!

Even if a few are fortunate to go on trials - They are, as we (you and I) have learned the clubs have not the time to waste teaching what can be considered advanced age young player "how to play the game"...when there are players within the clubs geographic area and its wider area of influence who are tactically much more advanced.

...that is why I spent so much time (sleepless nights) with past clients and spend so much time with my new clients on teaching - "How to act on the field/how to play when on trials"!!!!

Completely differently actions needed to be attached/added to that individual technical skill set when playing 'real football' than that shown on a Jamaica NPL or ISSA playfield.

NB: Amazing to hear from Jamaica expert the decrying of the quality of play that is making players successful in professional league as leading to the players having regressed/as a regression?

Not for one moment do the Jamaica expert consider: "Could there be something I am missing as clearly the players are successful outside of my establishment? ...could my approach need tweeks?" Amazing?!

Our local teachers - ...and incidentally administrators... - are as Simoes' rightly said - "Living in a village where the thought is there also lives the prettiest girl in the world...". ...but the second part of Simoes' quote which tells of the leaving of the village and discovering that there are (many) more beautiful girls outside of village has not occurred.

Our local teachers are rooted in locked belief that they are teaching with lesson plans of most advanced/cutting edge 'material' and therefore their students are playing the absolute greatest of quality football in our ISSA and NPL leagues! Makes you want to puke...and weep!!!

Talent abounds!
                    Teachers are marrers!
                    Talent is buried!!!
                    Poor players and TEAMs are the result!!!
                    King Karl, you leff out the word ABUNDANT to describe the term talent.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It's almost 2014--and yu'all still talking about football development in Jamaica.

I think it would be better to concentrate on education. The country would develop better.

Leave football to countries like French Guiana.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Look!! It's a bird or a plane... No..

It's one of the ignoramuses!!

Comment

you really think we should be talking about educational development right now????

The same effort put in sports is the same effort put in Education. Forget Football and Education and talk bout "development" for a minute.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            How many primary schools in Jamaica??? How many have these well taught PE teachers??
                            Assuming you are focused on the age-group attending those schools...then that should have been primary and preparatory schools.

I would wager a guess that just about 100% are poorly taught! ...and are not too worried about imparting 'crap'/engaged in marring!

How many high school in Jamaica can run a program for more than two months a year without impacting track, netball, TT, cricket and lunch bill.
                            Let me put it this way: - Does the math department impact the science department?

The answer is, of course!

Why then would you think the football program would not impact the T&F program?

There is the other part of your question that deals with ability to 'run a program' as continuous one...i.e. year over year.

The answer to that is, of course!

All it takes is properly motivated and trained managers/teachers.
                            Such persons can be trained.

Sass: You do know that even our math departments are poorly run...and need properly trained teacher/managers?

It is not that we cannot do it! It is that we do not!

Do you know there are traditional high schools in Jamaica who have coaches who are not paid????
                            Yes!
                            ...and our colleges too.
                            I was an unpaid T&F and also Football coach at Mico.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              King Karl, you leff out the word ABUNDANT to describe the term talent.
                              Thanks, HL! My bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X