Bibi, 12 year EPL veteran, devastated by Manning Cup loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibi, 12 year EPL veteran, devastated by Manning Cup loss

EPL ah juss business.....Manning Cup ah di Gorgon ...

Manning Cup tuh di Whirl!!!..... woooiiee

Wolmer's Manning Cup defeat hurts 'Bibi' deeply
    By Sean Williams
    Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Ricardo Gardner says the defeat of his alma mater Wolmer's Boys to Jamaica College (JC) in the Manning Cup final was a bitter pill to swallow.

The former Jamaica captain could not disguise his disappointment as he lamented his former school squandering a 2-1 lead late in the game as a possible victory beckoned.

GARDNER…former Bolton Wanderers player

But Jamaica College, showing true championship mettle, rallied to tie the score at 2-2, thereby forcing the contest into extra time before an enthusiastic crowd at the National Stadium two Saturdays ago.

And the Old Hope Road-based school cruelly delivered the coup de grace
    to end any hopes Wolmer's had of snatching Jamaica's most precious urban football title.

"It was very hard to take, especially knowing that we were leading 2-1 up to the last five minutes, but I guess JC showed that they wanted it more and they went out there and fought and got back into the game and were the better team towards the end," said Gardner, a former star at the Heroes Circle school.

The past Bolton Wanderers standout said the time was ripe for Wolmer's to quench their thirst, having not tasted victory since 1994. Gardner was an integral part of that team as a precocious 14-year-old.

"I think this time was really the chance we had to win the Manning Cup," Gardner summed it up.

He said even though the school, coached by Ludlow Bernard, retained their Walker Cup title, the consolation has not made the Manning Cup disappointment any less painful.

"I don't think it lessened the impact of missing out on the Manning Cup because we wanted it so much more, but it showed the character of these boys that they can go out there and put their disappointment behind them and come back and win the Walker Cup.

"We have to give them credit because it's hard to lose something that you trained all week for and then go out there and win another Cup," Gardner said, paying tribute to the character of the players.

Though he's not directly involved with the team, Gardner often takes time out of his hectic schedule to give motivational talks to the Wolmer's youngsters.

"I am not involved directly, but I try to have a chat with the players now and then... I also had a chat with them a couple of days before the final, so whenever I have the chance to go and share some of my experience with them, I go."

Gardner is currently the brand ambassador for the Samsung Cup, a football youth tournament being played among preparatory and primary schools from across the island

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2mW8Qcbrp
    Last edited by Karl; December 4, 2013, 11:48 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Yuh still a persist with the school boy hobby nonsense ?

It coulda be 1,000 years.. is still a recreational environment..

Comment

i like recreation at times...it has its place

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yes.. and there comes a time when fun and games must take second fiddle to serious development.. no matter how long you been practicing fun and games and how nice it mek yuh feel..

Comment

Fortunately I have the ability to multitask... I both enjoy the recreation and propose brilliant solutions to address the development deficit

Now Jamaica just needs those powers that be... to be receptive

Comment

There is this saying that best results are obtained when the job is enjoyed to the fullest! ...it becomes fulltime recreational obsession. It is claimed when the 'joy' goes so does optimum returns...
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Simoes has already spoken on the matter, many years gone since.. when you and Karl get tired doing the contortionist act.. let wi know... it ah get well boring now..

Comment

Tell dat to di 12 year EPL veteran

Compared to im fi yuh infantile yappin register less dan zero pon di Richter Scale

Comment

12 year EPL Veteran ?

Him can talk bout Hingland..

Simoes dun talk aheady... bout 12 year EPL Veteran..

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Yuh waan diss di EPL vet an Whirl Cup hero strait outa Manning Cup??? Yuh ah eediat??

Man fi fresh... but nuh suh

Kibba yuh mout yute

mi belly!!

Comment

"recreationally" .... "professionally".

do you give your business to highly motivated yet recreational accountant or do you give it to a professional accountant?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        "recreationally" .... "professionally".

do you give your business to highly motivated yet recreational accountant or do you give it to a professional accountant?
                        English is a hell of a language!
                        The sentence you proffer suggests recreational accountant = incompetent accountant.

My proffered sentence suggested recreational accountant = one who is highly competent - qualified professional who also performs to highest professional standards - who immerses self in joyously carrying out his/her allotted duties.

-
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Do you come up with this stuff by yourself.. or do you have a dedicated team ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                            Do you come up with this stuff by yourself.. or do you have a dedicated team ?
                            LOL...mi spleen!!

Comment

Oooh yes!
                              Context within which used is indeed important.

Example:
                              Maudib; "Duck!"

Comment

Working...
                              X