X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walcott has grown up

Master pieces.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Young baby will do that to a boy
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Walcott is still growing up.
      Good goals!

...not enough work on defense!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh is a piece of work! Monreal the defender responsible for possibly 3 of those goals and yuh find time to criticize the man who scored 2 for us???!! Strikers supposed to score and defenders defend? Rahtid man...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          Strikers supposed to score and defenders defend? Rahtid man...
          That may have been so up until the 1960s...but it is now a nonsense statement. All players MUST attack and defend!!! No good TEAM has time or place for slackers!

When one looks at the game as 'match' it is really amazing that previous to the top TEAMs - (Brazil, etc. - Brazil led the way on this then followed in a meaningful way by the Dutch of 1974 & 1978) - realization and invention of 'total football' - (=all players attack and all players defend while rotating around each other and the entire field) - so many did not see the virtues of each and every player in team (unit) being as game demanded attacker and defender.

There were 6 goals scored against us - Off the top of my head after 3 reviews (i.e. watching in real time and the reviewing 3 times) -
          Culprits:
          - 1st goal - Laurent Koscielny;
          ...and not in order (cannot remember order of failures):
          Jack Wilshire's give away;

[B]Sagna's (I think it was...but it could have been Monreal who had on assessment a very poor game)[/B]direct pass to Fernandinho who took 2 touches - settle ball then hit into goal;

Serge Gnabry pass on our goal - to City attacker;

in first half - TEAM defense collapse on cross from our left flank and one touch pass into our goal from approximately 6 yards;

in second half - TEAM defense collapse on cross from our left flank and one touch pass into our goal from approximately 6 yards (Silva I think scored this goal).

As Arsene Wenger said - let us not over-react: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp412e5H8Rg

...I am sure as does any good manager, Wenger shall review the tapes and spot all errors...including that of players who did not give enough on defense. Unfortunately you would cuss him if he has a quiet word with Theo Walcott about his defensive work.

This is football as 'arm-chair' manager makes no sense fooling self...lying to self! Any and all facets of the game that your team can improve on you wish. That naturally must apply to improvement by each of your players. Any other path is luxury the 'arm-chair' manger can afford.

I like to think I am a little more than an 'armchair manager' but a professional scout and agent to players. I cannot afford the luxury of fooling myself...or I shall provide disservice to my clients. Unfortunately my approach is reflected in my posts.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            That may have been so up until the 1960s...but it is now a nonsense statement. All players MUST attack and defend!!! No good TEAM has time or place for slackers!

When one looks at the game as 'match' it is really amazing that previous to the top TEAMs - (Brazil, etc. - Brazil led the way on this then followed in a meaningful way by the Dutch of 1974 & 1978) - realization and invention of 'total football' - (=all players attack and all players defend while rotating around each other and the entire field) - so many did not see the virtues of each and every player in team (unit) being as game demanded attacker and defender.

There were 6 goals scored against us - Off the top of my head after 3 reviews (i.e. watching in real time and the reviewing 3 times) -
            Culprits:
            - 1st goal - Laurent Koscielny;
            ...and not in order (cannot remember order of failures):
            Jack Wilshire's give away;

[B]Sagna's (I think it was...but it could have been Monreal who had on assessment a very poor game)[/B]direct pass to Fernandinho who took 2 touches - settle ball then hit into goal;

Serge Gnabry pass on our goal - to City attacker;

in first half - TEAM defense collapse on cross from our left flank and one touch pass into our goal from approximately 6 yards;

in second half - TEAM defense collapse on cross from our left flank and one touch pass into our goal from approximately 6 yards (Silva I think scored this goal).

As Arsene Wenger said - let us not over-react: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp412e5H8Rg

...I am sure as does any good manager, Wenger shall review the tapes and spot all errors...including that of players who did not give enough on defense. Unfortunately you would cuss him if he has a quiet word with Theo Walcott about his defensive work.

This is football as 'arm-chair' manager makes no sense fooling self...lying to self! Any and all facets of the game that your team can improve on you wish. That naturally must apply to improvement by each of your players. Any other path is luxury the 'arm-chair' manger can afford.

I like to think I am a little more than an 'armchair manager' but a professional scout and agent to players. I cannot afford the luxury of fooling myself...or I shall provide disservice to my clients. Unfortunately my approach is reflected in my posts.
            I agree with this (bolded) statement, that's why the forwards and the mid-fielders have to be SUPER-FIT, no two ways about that... The TEAM attacks and the TEAM defends.
            Peter R

Comment

Sounds like yuh talking bout Manchester City

Comment

Wonderful Post Karl good analysis of the game

I too watch game more than once and left with the same feelings regarding your observation. In addition I was wondering if It was Cazorla instead of walcott would we have been so exposed...Or Rosicky instead of Wilshere...As much as cazorla and Rosicky are not great defenders their last game for the team showed them hustling and helping their fullbacks
                "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Thanks, Peter ...and...

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  I agree with this (bolded) statement, that's why the forwards and the mid-fielders have to be SUPER-FIT, no two ways about that... The TEAM attacks and the TEAM defends.
                  Tenk yuh, sah!

Correction:
                  ...to...

in second half - TEAM defense collapse on cross from our right flank and one touch pass into our goal from approximately 6 yards (Silva I think scored this goal).

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                    I too watch game more than once and left with the same feelings regarding your observation. In addition I was wondering if It was Cazorla instead of walcott would we have been so exposed...Or Rosicky instead of Wilshere...As much as cazorla and Rosicky are not great defenders their last game for the team showed them hustling and helping their fullbacks
                    PeeJay: Funny you made this post.

Somewhere around 3:00pm Eastern I had an involved conversation with a GUNNERS' man and Football professional and he made the observation after we uttered a few words on this player or that player could/should have been selected...said he:

It is all good that and well that we second guess Wenger but we do not know the thought process - we are coming off a few matches played in quick succession. Where players being rested? ...remember the immediate schedule is matches quick and fast and touch opponents all...

This after we spoke on whether the faster Gibbs should have played instead of Monreal? ...2 holding midfielders - Flamiani & Arteta? ...should the strategy have been not playing an 'open game' but a more cautious one? ...should we have used both Wilshire and Ramsey who currently both tend to hold the ball and make dribbles as opposed to quick passes which allow less time for ManCity to set up on defense? ...and we could have gone on and on when a halt was called as we have no clue on the Manager's thinking. ...one thing we agreed on even playing as we did, if reproduced there is no other team in the EPL who could stay with ManCity or our GUNNERS!

btw - The stats on passing accuracy and as observed is not GUNNERS-like as per seen this 2013/14 season.

If we take it as granted (and it proves so) that our Manager and our TEAM (each player) can on psychological level put this result behind us and continue on fully confident in abilities we are in an extremely good place.

We all shall watch the ride!!!
                    FORWARD!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X