Mr. President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. President

I wish Rooney would just settle on the idea of being our midfield general. He is the best midfielder that we have in the squad.

For much of the season, Manchester United have craved a playmaker who would facilitate in the attack and break down opposing defenses with incisive passing and smart decision-making.
    Against Aston Villa, they got just that from Wayne Rooney.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    I wish Rooney would just settle on the idea of being our midfield general. He is the best midfielder that we have in the squad.

For much of the season, Manchester United have craved a playmaker who would facilitate in the attack and break down opposing defenses with incisive passing and smart decision-making.
    Against Aston Villa, they got just that from Wayne Rooney.
    The reality is with RvP out, Rooney is the best option to play up front. Don't get carried away that Wellbeck scored 2 goals. Look at the flight of the ball, if he was 3 steps back he would have missed both chances. With Rvp back in the team, again he is most effective playing in that #10 position.

They have to set up for a shootout .. like last season. The opponent score 3 ... MU scored 4. DM need to revamp that midfield in January, the question remains if he will be able to sign anyone of significance.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you are perfectly right sir. That is what Sir Alex was trying to do with him.

If Rooney calm down himself and play that spot he will be very effective especially with another decent midfielder with him. Made some good passes and changed the game effectively yesterday.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Lazie;458581]Don't get carried away that Wellbeck scored 2 goals. quote]

Absolutely NOT!!! If Rooney were to drop to midfield, thereby satisfying that need for a creative, box-to-box midfielder, then we could then search for a world class striker who can give us a minimum of 20 goals per season. I never saw RVP as a long-term option and by next season we will have to return to the market for such a striker. Rooney, playing midfield can become another Frank Lampard who scores on average 15 goals per season.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The 4-4-2 formation is the one like best,if you have the best players for each position then you probably will be unveaten.Rooney is a sick bastard,he is very good on the flank,has great potential if fielded as a midfielder BUT he is a top of the world striker.
          The formation was alluding to fielding players where their are not just good but the best.

Comment

Mr. President, did we missed a bullet with this one?

Christian Eriksen

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Mr. President, did we missed a bullet with this one?

Christian Eriksen
              A yesterday when Rio cuss off Spurs for sacking AVB I realized that he was on the sick list.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

who on the sick list??? AVB
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X