X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duce returns to help Fulham

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Dempsey returns to Fulham on two-month loan

US midfielder joins to help team climb table while Alan Curbishley becomes technical director

Dempsey scored 50 goals for Fulham in 184 Barclays Premier League appearances

Fulham have announced the return of Clint Dempsey on a two-month loan from Seattle Sounders FC.

The 30-year-old United States midfielder returns to the club he joined in January 2007 from New England Revolution, scoring 50 goals in 184 Barclays Premier League appearances. He was twice voted player of the season by Fulham fans before joining Tottenham Hotspur in August 2012. He returned to the MLS a year later.

"Fulham has always seemed like my home in Europe"
    Clint Dempsey

"Clint has spent so many years playing in the Premier League,” Fulham head coach Rene Meulensteen said. "We know where his strengths lie whether it is coming in from the left or playing as a deeper striker or a No 9 depending on who you are playing against. The most important thing is that he will be a good boost for us."

For Dempsey, who will wear the No 32 shirt, he wants the loan to help Fulham climb out of the relegation zone and he believes it will help him to prepare for the 214 FIFA World Cup.

"This [Fulham] has always seemed like my home in Europe and I am excited to be back and be part of this team and play in this league,” he told the Fulham website. "I wanted to get back to playing at the highest level and getting back and helping the team in the situation where they are not where they want to be in the table.

"But going into a World Cup year you want to get into that top form and carry that forward so hopefully I can have a good showing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioi...layer_embedded
    VIDEO: Dempsey on his return to Fulham

Fulham have also announced that Alan Curbishley, the former Charlton Athletic and West Ham United manager, will be the new first-team technical director to provide additional support to Meulensteen.

"Alan has a proven track record in the industry and understands full well what it takes to succeed,” Meulensteen said. “I look forward to sharing ideas and listening to advice, to ensure Fulham Football Club remains where it belongs: in the Premier League."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...in-fulham.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

What does Mussolini have to do with this?
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
      What does Mussolini have to do with this?
      Sorry that should have been DEUCE!
      I would not have charged if you had made the correction in your post!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X