Hull v Fulham - Tom Huddlestone's 'masterclass'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hull v Fulham - Tom Huddlestone's 'masterclass'

"The lads stood and applauded Tom when he walked into the dressing room and that doesn't happen often," said Bruce. "I don't often pick out individuals but I don't think I've witnessed a performance as good as I've just seen from Tom.

"He gave a masterclass of how to play in midfield. He had the lot: free-kicks, passing range, goals, a shot from 40 yards. He hit the post and the bar ... he's just an outstanding footballer, absolutely outstanding.

"I've been fortunate to have played in some good teams but I can't really remember an individual performance as good as he produced today.

"The free-kick from 40 yards, not many people can even strike from there and the movement he got on it is something he practises in training. Nobody can strike it like him and all those hours on the training ground have worked."

- Steve Bruce
    Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-match-report
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

It was absolutely fantabulous!
    TOP OF THE WORLD stuff!

As Mosiah has been on about the Best in the World - I have never ever seen a player who could strike the ball with both feet as well as Tom Huddlestone.

The GUNNERS should pick him up! He should be playing with equally class players around him.
    Last edited by Karl; December 28, 2013, 09:33 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I was surprised to know that spurs had let him go. I always thought that he was capable of being England's savior in the midfield .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        I was surprised to know that spurs had let him go. I always thought that he was capable of being England's savior in the midfield .....
        Agreed!
        ...one strange thing, he is moving when challenged to run at far slower pace than that he showed while at Spurs. The question is, why?

Comment

He tends to disappear in matches at times.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Dunno bit he is much more "streamlined" than when he was at spurs

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X