Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIVERPOOL...the big bad BULLIES......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Christmas.html
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

"It has been quite a dose of sobering realism. Never before in the Premier League era has a team dropped from first on Christmas Day to fifth by the turn of the year."

POOL alone have dis yah record!!
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

This is such a nonsensical statistic it is insulting. For it to make any sense or have credence, you would ALSO have to look at the relative number of points held by the top five teams at Christmas day during those years. Mathematically it tells me that since pool dropped or rather did not get six points on offer, that therefore these top teams were less than six points apart.:KMT

The lazy-a s sed journalsists who write these sensational headlines don't have the cojones to do that research to make their headlines have any credibility, nor do they take into account the difference in numbers of games played at Christmas Day. Dyam eediat dem!! :KMT:
      Peter R

Comment

What it does demonstrate is that so far for the first half of the season the EPL is a very close race.
        Peter R

Comment

indeed. having said that, pool dropped 6 points while the others around it gained points. So if you lead by one point and the others gain 5 ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            indeed. having said that, pool dropped 6 points while the others around it gained points. So if you lead by one point and the others gain 5 ....
            Agreed, but there is still a chance to get those back as the teams we dropped points to both have to come to Anfield in the second half. Our away form against rivals was the problem.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

That's my pint Gamma; that the teams were so close in points that a fall from first to fifth was not impossible in the matter of two games played... What would be more interesting for me would be to report on the leading teams positions points-wise at Christmas Day since the EPL started! I don't know if this is true but it appears to me that this is one of if not the closest the title chase has been in the longest while.
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                That's my pint Gamma; that the teams were so close in points that a fall from first to fifth was not impossible in the matter of two games played... What would be more interesting for me would be to report on the leading teams positions points-wise at Christmas Day since the EPL started! I don't know if this is true but it appears to me that this is one of if not the closest the title chase has been in the longest while.
                LOL, You can guess what I was imbibing last night!!
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  It has happened before where they have been this close. I don't think though that there have been back to back away games for the table topper immediately after Christmas day against top 5 opposition nor do I think the lead has changed between three teams in December...not sure about that though.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                  X