X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the least no. of points with which an

EPL team has won the title??

Just curious.

The winner this year may not have that great a number.
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    EPL team has won the title??

Just curious.

The winner this year may not have that great a number.
    The lowest points tally for a Prem title is 75 points from the 1996/97 season. That year, Liverpool were top of the table at Christmas with 38 points from 19 games, 7 points more than 5th placed Manu** (18 games), the eventual winners. I believe that Liverpool is the last team to have been leading at Christmas and lost the title, It seems like we're going to be the next one too...thanks to some poor/and/or tiefing refereeing decisions! AWRIGHT! AWRIGHT! UNU TEK IT EASY!!!

See: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...RENT_STANDINGS
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      ...thanks to some poor/and/or tiefing refereeing decisions!

Do you mean like this:

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Do you mean like this:

How this is no penalty I don't know. David Moyes need to start calling out these refs so they do their job. Can you imagine if that was DeGea? The uproar.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He did.

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            ...thanks to some poor/and/or tiefing refereeing decisions!

Or This:

Booked:WTF!!! Referee Webb adjudged Adnan Januzaj to have dived and showed the playmaker a yellow card

Comment

Do you mean like this:

Nice pic!

Ashley Young is running at great pace towards the goal-line and more or less parallel to the touch-line (He really was on a diagonal into the Penalty-Area)...

...and...

The Spurs 'keeper, Lloris, is traveling on his arse at great pace towards the touch-line and more or less parallel to the goal-line - (He really was traveling on a diagonal within his Penalty-Area).

Both players arrived at the position they met at the same time ( obviously!) ...

...both feet touched - Both had raised feet!
              Hey it was both raised feet that touched!

Who should have pulled out of the eventual clash of feet?
              Did Young jump to avoid Lloris' foot?
              Did Lloris raise that foot to prevent Young landing on him (prevent self from grievous injury??)

Who had the right-of-way?

Foul or no foul...and by whom?
              The man sliding on his arse with foot raised or the man who jumped and naturally had foot raised? Who initiated contact?

Could the 'keeper keep his foot on the ground?
              Could the jumper? ...or could the jumper raise his foot higher and hurdle the slider? ...did he wish and make minimal contact? ...as ref could you have, in similar situation deliberately avoid contact or deliberately initiate contact?

What did known maker of Penalty-Area infringements for opponents, Mr. Young, do?

Was it a six-of-one...half-a-dozen of the other type contact? Difficult to assume one or the other was at fault or that neither was at fault...just 'incidental contact' that often occurs during the run-of-play?

Is that pic showing both players scared/flinching?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bwoy you and Xcuse must be related to rhatid. What would justify the height of the goalie's foot going into a tackle??

Comment

Bwoy you and Xcuse must be related to rhatid. What would justify the height of the goalie's foot going into a tackle??
                  Why are you asking me one of the questions I asked?
                  ...massa a hansa yuh fi gi!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Nice pic!

Ashley Young is running at great pace towards the goal-line and more or less parallel to the touch-line (He really was on a diagonal into the Penalty-Area)...

...and...

The Spurs 'keeper, Lloris, is traveling on his arse at great pace towards the touch-line and more or less parallel to the goal-line - (He really was traveling on a diagonal within his Penalty-Area).

Both players arrived at the position they met at the same time ( obviously!) ...

...both feet touched - Both had raised feet!
                    Hey it was both raised feet that touched!

Who should have pulled out of the eventual clash of feet?
                    Did Young jump to avoid Lloris' foot?
                    Did Lloris raise that foot to prevent Young landing on him (prevent self from grievous injury??)

Who had the right-of-way?

Foul or no foul...and by whom?
                    The man sliding on his arse with foot raised or the man who jumped and naturally had foot raised? Who initiated contact?

Could the 'keeper keep his foot on the ground?
                    Could the jumper? ...or could the jumper raise his foot higher and hurdle the slider? ...did he wish and make minimal contact? ...as ref could you have, in similar situation deliberately avoid contact or deliberately initiate contact?

What did known maker of Penalty-Area infringements for opponents, Mr. Young, do?

Was it a six-of-one...half-a-dozen of the other type contact? Difficult to assume one or the other was at fault or that neither was at fault...just 'incidental contact' that often occurs during the run-of-play?

Is that pic showing both players scared/flinching?
                    KArl, stop yuh foolishness.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh hask too much questions. The picha speaks for itself.

Comment

Forgive for hijacking your post further below...

...but why have you asked about that lowest points total?

Aside: I think the winner shall amass more than 80 points.

Comment

I know how to deal with hijackers... don't fret!

I asked because it seems to me the season is VERY competitive this year and I anticipate that the winner might be the club closes to either side of eighty (as you say).

I was going to predict a less than eighty total. We'll see.
                          Peter R

Comment

I asked because it seems to me the season is VERY competitive this year and I anticipate that the winner might be the club closes to either side of eighty (as you say).

Got yuh!
                            ...and I think 90 is not out of reach!!!

...just think on it -
                            Currently + wins of 12 out of the remaining 18 games? ...for the top 4 it seems within reach?

81; 80; 79; 75...
                            Last edited by Karl; January 2, 2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Peter - it is very unlikely that it will be less than 80...the prem actually has had season that have been this close before, but this time, the challengers do seem to have "legs"...although I think we are in the early stages of it becoming a 3 horse race with Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle battling it out for the 4th spot...okay...okay...and (maybe) Manu** too. LOL!!
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                              X