Transfer window deals - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer window deals - January 2014

Biggest domestic deal: Chelsea's £21m signing of Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic.

Busiest domestic club: Scunthorpe have signed six players so far.

Busiest Premier League club: Stoke City, Sunderland and Hull City have signed three players.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/25566566
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Mata deal is now official.
    Whereas we paid too much money..,he is an inprovement to the team.
    Will never understand why Chelsea chose to let him go.

Comment

Will never understand why Chelsea chose to let him go.
      Here are some reasons:-
      1. He did not fit into the manager's game plan
      2. Chelsea have a wealth of attacking midfielders, most of whom are keeping Mata out of the team.
      3. FFP - With FFP rules coming into the picture, Jose may have to offload players who are not fitting into the picture so he can acquire others.
      4. Mata's sale paved the way for the acquisition on Mohammed Salah at the fraction of the cost.
      5. Mourinho set an astronomical valuation of the player, hoping it would turn off suitors. MU was interested however. . .
      6. Do not expect to see many high priced acquisitions from Chelsea in the near future without them selling other assets to make it happen.
      7. If FFP turns out to have more bark than bite, then look to Abromovich loosening his purse strings again to make things happen.

Mata was a good player and most fans are not really happy to see him go. I am sure it is better having him go, than paying his salary and him not having a part to play. All in all it is a good business move by Chelsea.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

We do not know how Chelsea would have fared with Mata's inclusion,he was the player I found dangerous when we played Chelsea.
        Not a dime a dozen player,which is why I think Mourinho made a crucial mistake.Just my opinion but then time will tell.

Comment

When did Chelsea start worrying about this

"Mata was a good player and most fans are not really happy to see him go. I am sure it is better having him go, than paying his salary and him not having a part to play. All in all it is a good business move by Chelsea."

Sass, read the paragraph again. Did I say anywhere there that Chelsea was worried about anything? I am only expressing my opinion, not Chelsea's.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Michael Essien [Chelsea - AC Milan] Undisclosed

Loan deal - Wonder if there is a clause allowing for permanent deal?
            The writing was on the wall that Chelsea finds him 'out of their loop' and that soon and very soon he shall be cut loose.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

??? is it a loan? i thought it was a transfer for an undisclosed fee and he has an 18 month contract with AC milan...

i am open to being corrected.

why would chelsea want a 33+ year old on thier books if they cannot find a space for him? irony is that is mourinho did bring him to chelsea

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

it is not a loan...

Comment

gamma follow the trend with Mourino and Chelsea

They will buy just to stop other teams from getting a player..
                  "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

he was bought by mourinho to replace makalele and he did a good job for mourinho during his first stint and went as far as taking him to madrid

is not mourinho's buying that is making news, it is his selling

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I know but see Salah from Liverpool

I don't think they needed him
                      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

gotcha! AC Milan ued to do that....

Comment

Working...
                        X