RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been a fan of your club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been a fan of your club?

It just dawned on me that nuff old dawg deh pon dis site...and some young'uns too. How long have you been a fan of your club? Me, Liverpool 1972...42 years. Peter R can verify seh a chu mi ah tell. And second, how many other teams have you switched from before landing where you are now? Me - none; I consider myself lucky...not like x-Liverpool, x-Arsenal, x-Chelsea and soon to be x-Manu** fan Jangle. and not like X who is simultaneously and all at once a Liverpool fan and an X-Liverpool fan, x-Napoli, x-Chelsea and x-City fan, all in the same season - very remarkable really...how he does it, I don't know
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

At what age did you become a Pool fan?
    I wasn't always a Man U fan,became one when I was about 13.
    Before then I was a Spurs fan who worshipped the floor Ossie Ardiles walked on.It stands to reason it was the way that club dealt with him during the Falklands war why I sever relationship...
    Last edited by Rockman; January 26, 2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

City from 2008...never really had a side...maybe Tottenham in the 80's I guess...

Comment

What year did Tevez arrived?

Comment

Ever since a young Norman Whiteside played for MU. Wasn't a fan of Whiteside, but I recall on Football international how much they spoke of this young player playing for MU. Loved the fact that a chance was taken on a youngster.

Secondly, too many friends were Liverpool fan and it was always the norm to go against the masses.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Arsenal, as long as I can remember....80s or so.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

42 'ears! Sas Christ, that is a long time!

I started following English football in the early 90s, about 91/92.
              I became a Chelsea fan when my baller joined Chelsea in 1995. That is going 19 years now.

Rudd Gullit
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Aston Villa is the club I was aware of before any other, then I became a Hotspurs fan with A succession of players like Garth Crooks, Villa, Ardilles. Then Watford with Blisset and Barnes, then a big USA break, then a big Bolton fan for what seemed like forever while gardener was there! then basically I support any team with Jamaicans or Jamaican connection.

Comment

You can date me if you can remember the club where Jimmy Greaves and Bobby Smith were the strike partners . ...a club at which another of favorite of mine, Garth Crooks, later played.

...but to continue on, in the 1970s I went to the most famous of the clubs whose fans frequently belt out "You'll never walk alone". This clubs was through the years blessed with top world goal-scorers including during a number of glory years...one John Barnes.

My current resting place is with My Gunners!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i started watching when waste man robinho went there...then stayed a fan when adebayor went there...then tevez went there and i kept watching...now we are king of the hill...life sweet

Comment

Silent fan untilTevez got there.
                      Why you insist on making more of something that just isn't?
                      King of the hill is an outright lie.

Comment

whatever yuh waan seh...point is my team is the top of the world & your side sucks...you are the laughing stock

Comment

Liverpool from the 80s and Rafapool in the 2k.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ok, since you are waiting on my response, I'll tell you again. I became a huge fan of football back in the early 80's at CBar. I remember watching Big League Football at 2 every Sunday afternoon. I also remember when the BBC report used to be broadcasted on RJR on Saturday afternoons. So back in those days I was just a fan of football with no clear cut favorites. I had favourite players like John Barnes, Ossie Ardiles, Garth Crooks, Chris Waddle, Gary Lineker, John Aldridge, and many more. In the early nineties I liked Chelsea for their cosmopolitan team, and I also liked Middlesborough. I became attracted to The Empire during the days of Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke. During that time I also flirted with Arsenal, especially when they had the Invincibles. However, I always had a leaning towards the Empire because they played a similar free-flowing type of football as Arsenal, only with an end result. I made my commitment to the Empire shortly after joining this forum when I realized that there were so many haters and fools who refused to accept greatness. So I guess I could say I became a full-time Empire fan around 98-99. I developed a strong dislike for Loserfool during the Rafa years. Chel$ki, when Abromavich (sp) bought the championship when he bought Essien. Mansh!tty is a hurry-come-up that doesn't generate enough passion to start hating......as yet.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Mansh!tty is a hurry-come-up that doesn't generate enough passion to start hating......as yet.
                              Surprising...considering the massive beatings handed out to you since we hurried and came up

Comment

Working...
                              X