Football (FIFA) could learn a thing or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football (FIFA) could learn a thing or

two from Ice Hockey: use of technology; overtime rules (pull a player so greater chance of scoring)
    Peter R

C'mon now PR...you gettin' outa hand now.

BTW: I would bet that no one on this forum has posted negatively on Howard Webb than I have......
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Hockey has been using video review of goals and one less player for overtime for years.

In hockey, ALL goals are video reviewed by the video replay official in the press box. He will then signal to the scorer's table 1) it was a good goal; 2) tell the referee to hold the ensuing face off for a longer look, or 3) summon the referee for a full review. The referee can also initiate a review.

In the NHL, the referee has a microphone, and if there is a full review, he must publicly announce if it was a good goal; or publicly announce the reason why the goal was not given.

Yesterday, when Russia's third goal against the USA was not given for the net
      being off the support when the puck entered the net, there was no public explanation. When the net is knocked off the support, play must be stopped immediately.

Also, in the past few years, the NHL has reduced the number of players in
      in the first round of a tie-breaking shootout from five to three.
      Last edited by Bruce; February 16, 2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Hey HL, That post was ACTUALLY to be taken at face value; it just happens that the timing of my post may have coincided with the unfortunate display (from what I hear as I didn't see the match) by Webb.

I was watching the Canada v Finland game and Hockey does many things sensibly and right that FIFA could adopt IMO.
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X