Clear All

• Twenty Times Better: Liverpool 3 United 0

Twenty Times Better: Liverpool 3 United 0
    By Paul Tomkins, Free

Posted on March 16th, 2014
    Posted by by Paul Tomkins
    Comments
    Tags

Don't want ads ? Subscribe to remove them. Only £3.50 a month.

By Paul Tomkins.

“Twenty times” sang United fans at the end, perhaps referring to how much better Liverpool were than their team, on a day when even Gary Neville felt the visitors should have had five penalties. (While we’re at it United fans, that’s five times.)

United fans are sticking by their manager, and I do respect that, but it’s like they’re trying to show how good they are as fans, rather than face the reality of a decent – but at this top level, distinctly mediocre – manager taking a successful bunch of players (plus £70m spent) and turning them into his own image. Maybe Moyes will come good, but to be honest, with every passing week he just looks worse. He looks archaic; not so much out of his depth as out of his time. It’s not 1993 anymore.

We all make mistakes on early judgements, and it took me a while to think Brendan Rodgers had what it took; he wasn’t helped by Being:Liverpool, in which he also made what seemed to be an accurate assessment at the time (of Jon Flanagan) that was later proved wrong. Liverpool are beyond purring under the newly-toothy Ulsterman, and Flanagan, despite still being reckless in the tackle, has started dribbling the ball upfield, his shoulders relaxed, head up, enjoying himself as if he’s Franz Beckenbauer.

Going back a few weeks I didn’t think the Reds could win the title, but there is absolutely no denying now that they are in the hunt. It’s a race, and it’s on.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/03/twen...ol-3-united-0/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

X, why do you keep reading this idiot's opinion? He can never make a point without referring to Rafa Benitez. Come een like...oh sorry. You ago bow down to Rodgers before it's all done.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Xcuse start change him arguments off-the-record. The man seh BR ongly a do good now because him have vacation schedule. Even if him win the league him naw gi him nuh credit. Him waan see how him hangle being in the CL and playing back-to-back matches.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Xcuse start change him arguments off-the-record. The man seh BR ongly a do good now because him have vacation schedule. Even if him win the league him naw gi him nuh credit. Him waan see how him hangle being in the CL and playing back-to-back matches.
        Typical. The truth is that what BR has done with a very thin squad is quite remarkable, especially considering how much money was given to KD. I give his predecessors credit though, camoli and hodges have to be thanked for bringing in Suarez, and Rafa and KD for recharging the youth system. BR's biggest challenge in the UCL will be inexperience, so 2016 will be his year (the year we bring home a double), not 2015. Keep in mind he will get £80m to spend this summer. All hail the youth coach.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul BR has spent and that squad should be challenging for local cups, its a thin squad because it was gutted because we didnt have any CL or Europa cups to contend with as for the youth coach he has done well, considering we got knocked out of every local cup.I expected a top 4 finish ,but hey we are in it to win it.I am surprised ,he deserves credit, the team has improved and his realinging thr Fraud /Gerrad as a defensive midfielder is the master stroke .It actually puts pressure on Gerrad to think ,not of self but team ,If any move should be looked at as the change agent that was it.

He isnt at Rafa level yet ,the youth coach hasnt done what K.D or Rafa has done one a trophy in his 1st season, but he is challeging for a title, is it the holiday schedule or tactical genius ?...not competing in a local cup leaves a question mark.That squad is more than able to do that .

He has earned another season, a contract extension ?....we have to wait and see.

Napoli has C.L sealed up, challenging for Europa cup , and Copa Italia, 1 st season,lets see after Rafa has cleaned up Sire A next season and the Youth coach proved himself as a flop or failure ,if Rafa needs to be called.

If he wins the Prem , then he has a job for the next 10 years and Rafa and him can match wits in the C.L, then I would be conflicted,but I see my love for pool winning out with much sympathy for Rafa.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Paul BR has spent and that squad should be challenging for local cups...
            what you mean

2013/14 Liverpool:
            Capital One Cup - Lost to BoyU on 25 September 2013 before The Youth Coach brought them to the current level. Besides the influential and normally superb Luis Suarez was not match sharp having just returned from a ban, Sterling was 'green' and being taught by The Youth Coach and Sturridge was being molded into his now much improved quality. ...then there were others he was 'working on'...e.g. the then poor Henderson, Joe Allen...

FA Cup - Knocked out by My Gunners...but had a raw deal from the Ref (Should have had a penalty and got the wrong end of a few key calls).

One publication said:
            Brendan Rodgers’ hopes of maintaining a two-pronged assault on glory were dashed at the Emirates as the Reds’ interest in the FA Cup was ended in controversial fashion.

- http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...l-fc-1-6715704
            EPL - Lying in 2nd!

One scribe put it thus -
            The secret is out - Liverpool can win title 1756Liverpool's 3-0 win at Manchester United is the performance of a team that believes it will win the Premier League, says Phil McNulty

- http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26605457

If you ask me; I would say they were challenging for the FA Cup and are in with a great chance of winning the EPL!!! Di Yute Coach nah gwaaan bad ha-taul!!!
            Last edited by Karl; March 20, 2014, 01:02 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, it is obvious that X madda did drop di bwoy pon him head top more dan once. Him neva get him sense from you - that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Him neva get him sense from you - that's for sure.

Karl couldn't afford fi gi X none a fi him one and a half......
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                X