The new rules on sending off when the foul prevents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new rules on sending off when the foul prevents

a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the player is the last defender or last defender but one.

Tells managers and players;
    give up the goal and stay on field save in the last match of a season in last few minutes of a game where victory ensures the title or in a match where missing a few games by the player is preferable to losing the match.

A demand of further 'brain power' by managers and players.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the player is the last defender or last defender but one.

Tells managers and players;
    Madness!!!!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Madness!!!!
      Which is -
      a) The rule;

b) at all times trying to stop the goal-scoring opportunity by that last player and earning a send off;

or

c) a thinking on using the rules as best able i.e. make conscious decision on when to risk a send off or play safe and allowing the goal (=goal-scoring) opportunity?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

IMO, option "c" is what any thinking person would do!
        Peter R

Comment

...I was particularly anoyed with The Ox on his

bone headed action that resulted in his sending off.

Chelsea, I think, by that time (Chelsea 2) appeared so dominant that perhaps a win for them would have been on the cards with The Ox and the other 10 been still on the field...but any interest in the game went when he brought his (I hope) and My GUNNERS down to 10 men.

...and the worse part of it all was the shot was going wide. So 2 goals behind, FULL TEAM and 75 minutes to play could have made for an interesting game.

btw - The GUNNERS are not as bad as the hammering taken from ManCity, Liverpool and now Chelsea makes it appear. They are not too far off from being rulers of the EPL once again. ...but the needed pieces 2 forwards of quality and a 3rd if Podolski goes - No one could blame him as the hopeless Giroud has been installed as the main man over him - 2 quality midfielders and 3 defenders - quality men for wide on the right, wide on the left and central have been recognized long, long ago.

All the players brought must be excellent on pace and technique.
          Giroud and Arteta in particular should be rushed to the door.

Wilshire should follow with a firm hand in the back.

Santi Cazorla has to give up his tip-tip-tipping around and his wind-up and aim before shooting...he also needs to pass quicker. He will never be quick...but he has a good shot in each foot and can unlock any defense if only he gets rid of that tip-tip-tipping around and the wind-up before shooting/passing into goal. ...both of those bad habits allow good players and good teams too much time to either reorganize on defense or defend against him one-on-one.

Walcott also if he remains attacker only should be sent on his way. He does not add creative presence or even passable passing presence and runs hot and cold many times in games - never fully turned on for an entire game. In short he is a liability.

The little Costa Rican, Joel Campbell, live-wire must come home. He does not know how to stop running and working for TEAM - attack and defense.

The current TEAM is OK for playing the also rans...
          ...but...
          We are The GUNNERS!
          When we prepare to play Big Boys and whip them playing the also rans is in the bag.

There are only also rans between My GUNNERS and the FA Cup trophy...but as one man has already said, it would not be a surprise if My GUNNERS find a way to lose!!!! ...that is the way of TEAMs that 'nuh readi'. Unfortunately these GUNNERS 'nuh readi' for Big Boy TEAMs!

Big up to ManCity, Liverpool and Chelsea for spanking our 'nuh readi' TEAM.
          Last edited by Karl; March 22, 2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Karl, it was a bad day at the office. It is clear though, that your away form is not what it needs to be. When you beat City at home, you will get the feelings in your toes back.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
            X