Wenger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger...

shoulda been fired 6 years ago. I said it back then and some folks on this board said I had no idea what I was talkin' about. Well the proof is in the pudding! Arsenal will never grace the heights they did when Henri, Berkamp, Pires, Overmars, Parlour, Wiltord, Viera, Seaman played for them as long as he stays.

Wenger was never a great manager. He was always bailed out by those great players and was very fortunate to have them. He is a **** poor strategist and more often than not gets outcoached, then when he loses...points the finger at everyone else but himself.

Take a close look at his record. He's never won a CL title with Arsenal and has a sprinkle of titles in the BPL since he became manager in '96. Very poor record for a manager whose been in charge for 18 years if you ask me.

he had a player sent off in the 15th minute of the game...you fans need to relax...you want to get rid of him and get a Moyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
      shoulda been fired 6 years ago. I said it back then and some folks on this board said I had no idea what I was talkin' about. Well the proof is in the pudding! Arsenal will never grace the heights they did when Henri, Berkamp, Pires, Overmars, Parlour, Wiltord, Viera, Seaman played for them as long as he stays.
      Well...he made most of them great!

Wenger was never a great manager. He was always bailed out by those great players and was very fortunate to have them. He is a **** poor strategist and more often than not gets outcoached, then when he loses...points the finger at everyone else but himself.
      Nonsense!

Take a close look at his record. He's never won a CL title with Arsenal and has a sprinkle of titles in the BPL since he became manager in '96. Very poor record for a manager whose been in charge for 18 years if you ask me.
      ...and how many managers at the top flight have a better record on trophy wins? There are managers with much better trophy haul but under what circumstances...bolstered by per season spending far superior to Wenger? ...and their successes built by 'buy-a-team'?

Talk sense nuh, boss?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        he had a player sent off in the 15th minute of the game...you fans need to relax...you want to get rid of him and get a Moyes?
        They were already behind prior to the sending off. And I'm sure there are younger more energetic managers than that old man. He should just walk away and never look back...

Comment

Yeah man...when an AVB reach yuh den yuh will see

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Well...he made most of them great!

The only player of that he helped in development was Thierry Henri. All the others he inherited were already the finished product!

Nonsense!

You and I both know that's not true. Wenger is what he is.

[B]...and how many managers at the top flight have a better record on trophy wins? There are managers with much better trophy haul but under what circumstances...bolstered by per season spending far superior to Wenger? ...and their successes built by 'buy-a-team'?

Talk sense nuh, boss?
            A big club like Arsenal should be fielding a quality, competitive team every season. They have money and a strong football history. The problem for many years was Wenger never wanted to spend money on quality players so he consistently chose to buy Scrubs. When he did get a couple decent young players cheaply ie Fabregas and a much younger Flamini he sold 'em.

I don't blame Van Persie for leaving. He realised they weren't going anywhere and left simply because of his desire to win.

Comment

A big club like Arsenal should be fielding a quality, competitive team every season. They have money and a strong football history. The problem for many years was Wenger never wanted to spend money on quality players so he consistently chose to buy Scrubs. When he did get a couple decent young players cheaply ie Fabregas and a much younger Flamini he sold 'em.

I don't blame Van Persie for leaving. He realised they weren't going anywhere and left simply because of his desire to win.
              This is where club owners and club fans have diverging interests. Wenger is 100% aligned with ownership who are in this to make money (some owners are not - like the sheik and RA). If you were to look at the numbers of dollars spent, Wenger has been a frigging magician...and remember that everyone else did dash whey Henry, Wenger made him (and many others) a star.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Warlord, crawl back into your cave! You clueless. You know nothing about Arsenal. Arsenal was like an amateur club when Wenger took over. Have a look at them now!! Money is there now so it is just a matter of time.

Comment

Wegner is a great coach warlord you got it wrong.. The issue is he believes what he belives.. Someone once said your tactics may change but your philosophy does not.. The side that was picked was void of any solid defensive midfielde and it left the back four open.. Gibbs was playing like a new Kingson skettell selling *****... the concern i have is against all the big teams on the road we got bitch box.. pool (not really a big team) but chesea and Man City.. that worries me as we need to defend a bit and keep the game close but I dont think Wegner thinks that way...

Comment

where was this cretin a few weeks ago? come in like a scavenger to wrath!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      Wegner is a great coach warlord you got it wrong.. The issue is he believes what he belives.. Someone once said your tactics may change but your philosophy does not.. The side that was picked was void of any solid defensive midfielde and it left the back four open.. Gibbs was playing like a new Kingson skettell selling *****... the concern i have is against all the big teams on the road we got bitch box.. pool (not really a big team) but chesea and Man City.. that worries me as we need to defend a bit and keep the game close but I dont think Wegner thinks that way...
                      Erm...excuse me...how do you define a "big team"?
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Uh-oh! Here go those definitions again!

Yuh fi ansa di man still!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          Erm...excuse me...how do you define a "big team"?
                          Not Loserfool.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            This is where club owners and club fans have diverging interests. Wenger is 100% aligned with ownership who are in this to make money (some owners are not - like the sheik and RA). If you were to look at the numbers of dollars spent, Wenger has been a frigging magician...and remember that everyone else did dash whey Henry, Wenger made him (and many others) a star.
                            Amen! (...and I used that term deliberately).
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Not Loserfool.
                              Now, while I know you deep down in your heart know this is not the right answer, you still choose to vent your anger and anguish over you club's current position by deliberately being antagonistic. If you think Liverpool is not a big club, wait until Moyes is done his work at Old Trafford. The dictionary will be re-written!!!! LOL!!!

YNWA.

Comment

Working...
                              X