RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of the Youth Coach teaching successes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of the Youth Coach teaching successes...

1. The amazing work he has done with Raheen Sterling. Sterling's progress has been amazing. I dare say no teacher could have surpassed what the Youth Teacher has done with him.

The way Sterling sat with cool mature mind and bossed the Liverpool midfield out-working, out-thinking Rooney, Mata and the rest...MIND BOGGLING! ...but that is only one game. His rapid progress from weak mind, weak body individual to strong mature player...top class player under the guidance of his teacher has been surprising!
    Last edited by Karl; March 24, 2014, 09:09 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    1. The amazing work he has done with Raheen Sterling. Sterling's progress has been amazing. I dare say no teacher could have surpassed what the Youth Teacher has done with him.

The way Sterling sat with cool mature mind and bossed the Liverpool midfield out-working, out-thinking Rooney, Mata and the rest...MIND BOGGLING! ...but that is only one game. His progress from weak mind, weak body individual to strong mature player...top class player under the guidance of his teacher has been surprising!
    Karl - there are several factors that have contributed to Sterling's improvement. I submit that the BIGGEST one (and you might say I'm crazy) is his physical development. He is MUCH stronger than last year, which has contributed significantly to his confidence. Look at his upper body strength, they can't knock him off the ball like they used to and his speed has INCREASED. Take nothing from the improvement in his game IQ, he has been FAR better at defending than last year and has been effective in playing not only left wing, but in central and right areas as well. But still, I submit his physical development has been the most important aspect of his improvement.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul the physical side has develop but so too has his mental side of the game.

He is much more focus and patient. I didn't see his ability to read the game that well and he would get frustrated. He was also bothered by his off the field conduct.

Good work.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        Karl - there are several factors that have contributed to Sterling's improvement. I submit that the BIGGEST one (and you might say I'm crazy) is his physical development. He is MUCH stronger than last year, which has contributed significantly to his confidence. Look at his upper body strength, they can't knock him off the ball like they used to and his speed has INCREASED. Take nothing from the improvement in his game IQ, he has been FAR better at defending than last year and has been effective in playing not only left wing, but in central and right areas as well. But still, I submit his physical development has been the most important aspect of his improvement.
        How do you separate his improved physical strengths from and more mature approach from the development in/on other aspects of his game?

The good teacher challenges the mind. Rogers, I think, has brought Sterling along as well as the best teachers would. He has gotten Sterling to 'think football', the real game. Not just some fancy footwork and blazing speed but the total package of putting in the mental corralling of the game...and naturally that has gym work, improvement on technical skills, managing of the ball, improved TEAM orientation, improved quickness of feet and pace...but it is the recognition of:
        The great footballers are those endowed with inherent technical skills who are 'brainiest'.
        Rogers has got Sterling a burning desire to be numbered among 'the greats'. I will not descend into who is more valuable to Liverpool, Sterling or Sturridge because Sturridge plays as an out-and-out striker and also strike partner of Suarez. Sturridge currently has superior 'kicking skills' but I would venture the thought that Sterling plays the 'brainier' game at this moment in time. Just a few short months past to even think of Sterling as 'brainy' would have had one 'laughed out of the park'.

Yes, Paul I agree with your premise that a look should be taken of Sterling's progress and current performances as 'whole' and his physical development should not be overlooked. However, it starts with the teacher, Brendan Rodgers. He challenged Sterling's mind and the result is what we are seeing, the work ethic inclusive of his developed and still developing strength.

No doubt Sterling must be given full credit for his attention to his 'studies' and his current progress in school/on school work but The Youth Coach must be accorded 'MASTER TEACHER' status.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

2. Guidance and managing of Luis Suarez

Teacher Brendan Rodgers has 'tamed' Suarez just enough to prevent regularity of outrageous behavioral conduct and in a manner to allow development as *lead orchestrator in TEAM and leader while allowing full expression of Suarez's outrageous skills.

*Impossible to overlook Luis Suarez's role whereon by example and by 'demands' on-the-field he will not allow Liverpool to move away from TEAM play and goals.

That molding of Luis Suarez, the irrepressible football genius, into his current TOP OF THE WORLD TEAMplayer is action of a MASTER TEACHER.

Comment

3. The deployment of the great Steven Gerard in his new deep

lying role.

Brendon Rodgers' use of Steven Gerrard as defensive midfield without an ounce of fall-off in Gerrard's offensive play is visual display of genius- teacher's work.

Recognizing Gerrard's passion for the game, winning mentally, TEAM oriented play, superb technical and tactical skills - inclusive of his TOP OF THE WORLD passing range and goal-scoring threat, icy thinking brain, relentless work-rate and leadership qualities into leader of midfield and defense (bolstering a defensive line partial to defensive blunders) is further evidence of MASTER TEACHER at work.
            Last edited by Karl; March 24, 2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Paul the physical side has develop but so too has his mental side of the game.

He is much more focus and patient. I didn't see his ability to read the game that well and he would get frustrated. He was also bothered by his off the field conduct.

Good work.
              I think what I am saying is that BECAUSE he is stronger, his mental side of the game has been able to develop as well. Said another way, were he still weak, he may not be showing the patience and maturity as people would be bouncing him down all day long like last year.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                How do you separate his improved physical strengths from and more mature approach from the development in/on other aspects of his game?

The good teacher challenges the mind. Rogers, I think, has brought Sterling along as well as the best teachers would. He has gotten Sterling to 'think football', the real game. Not just some fancy footwork and blazing speed but the total package of putting in the mental corralling of the game...and naturally that has gym work, improvement on technical skills, managing of the ball, improved TEAM orientation, improved quickness of feet and pace...but it is the recognition of:

Rogers has got Sterling a burning desire to be numbered among 'the greats'. I will not descend into who is more valuable to Liverpool, Sterling or Sturridge because Sturridge plays as an out-and-out striker and also strike partner of Suarez. Sturridge currently has superior 'kicking skills' but I would venture the thought that Sterling plays the 'brainier' game at this moment in time. Just a few short months past to even think of Sterling as 'brainy' would have had one 'laughed out of the park'.

Yes, Paul I agree with your premise that a look should be taken of Sterling's progress and current performances as 'whole' and his physical development should not be overlooked. However, it starts with the teacher, Brendan Rodgers. He challenged Sterling's mind and the result is what we are seeing, the work ethic inclusive of his developed and still developing strength.

No doubt Sterling must be given full credit for his attention to his 'studies' and his current progress in school/on school work but The Youth Coach must be accorded 'MASTER TEACHER' status.
                Karl, are you sure X is your kid? You should call 1-800-WhostheDaddy? LOL!! Joke me a mek star. Yes, I agree BR should be given credit for his guidance and his tactical adjustments especially when you consider how thin and young the Liverpool squad actually is. But I am not yet ready to bestow the title of "MASTER TEACHER" on him just yet. As X says, let's see him win something.

Comment

yuh quoting X now?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    yuh quoting X now?
                    let's not get carried away...

Comment

Bout time ,yuh agree wid mi more time ,bout time Paul mek sense.BTW his masterstroke is moving Gerrad the Fraud to defensive midfield.I have to give him credit.Its the best I have seen gerrad play since 2009,he sets up that midfield and runs it from the back,barking orders all over the place.

What to do about Lucas ?
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ahhh pops yuh seeeit ! Thats the masterstroke,it balances the whole team.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yuh talking to yuhself?!! coulda neva be me!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            yuh talking to yuhself?!! coulda neva be me!
                            As I said, let's not get carried away...and a YOU me a chat to!! Quoting X!? KMT; you renk an' facety. Me wi find more profound quotes in a gyas station tylit...and that is not being carried away, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              Bout time ,yuh agree wid mi more time ,bout time Paul mek sense.BTW his masterstroke is moving Gerrad the Fraud to defensive midfield.I have to give him credit.Its the best I have seen gerrad play since 2009,he sets up that midfield and runs it from the back,barking orders all over the place.

What to do about Lucas ?
                              LOL!!! Here's Paul making sense: You call "Gerrad the Fraud" and I am the fifth columnist? LOL!!! You tell me seh you on the City wagon, and I am the fifth columnist? He he he...delusions, delusions. Anyway, your bwoy Lucas get juk. Him cyan get game the way Allen and Gerrard are playing together.

Comment

Working...
                              X