Tevez 'to join West Ham' in transfer coup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevez 'to join West Ham' in transfer coup

<H1></H1><BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Argentina World Cup forward Carlos Tevez claims he is about to join West Ham along with national team colleague Javier Mascherano. <DIV class=phinline>
    <DIV style="WIDTH: 205px"><DIV class=photocred2>GettyImages</DIV><DIV class=photosubtext>Argentina's Javier Mascherano (L) and Carlos Tevez: Chin up lads, Upton Park is lovely. Honest.</DIV></DIV></DIV>

The double signing would represent a significant coup for the Hammers if it were to come off as both players were among Argentina's most impressive performers in Germany. A statement on Tevez's personal website read: 'Carlitos Tevez, along with his team-mate Javier Mascherano, signs a contract to play for West Ham United of England.' Both have been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea over the summer with Arsenal also apparently in the running to bring Tevez from Brazil. The pair's rights are owned by Media Sports Investment, a British-based company with financial involvement in Corinthians. MSI were linked with a takeover of the Hammers last season. Tevez and Mascherano are expected to join the east London club on a season-long loan and a permanent deal next summer is possible, either at Upton Park or elsewhere. The Corinthians pair are in Argentina's squad for Sunday's friendly against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium. Tevez has endured a tempestuous 18 months at Corinthians, falling out with fans and officials and claiming his life was unbearable as an Argentinian plying his trade in Brazil. After returning from the World Cup Tevez claimed he would not play for Corinthians again. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Tevez 'to join West Ham' in transfer coup

Mi really affi wonder if today is April 1st. Wha this? Of all the potential investors Manu get struck wid than flipping idiot whey look like a Leprechaun. Why? Is Manu that cursed?

And to make matters worse the so called sponsors AIG claim that the money for transfers should be used to buy English talent. WHICH PART DEM DEH? Dem cho ...:angry: why dem tek up wha dem nuh know bout?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Nuh worry yuh head Mr. President, I have every confidence in our team's ability to regain our supremacy. I think that there is a nice vibes in our camp now. Everybody is playing team right now, since the sore Ruud has left. Don't get me wrong, I am not calling him a sore in a disrespectfull way, but he was the deruptive force in the team. Right now everybody is playing to impress and they know that their game is not safe. The "weakest" (and I use that word mildly) part of our team right now is our strikers. We have at least 2 - 3 players for each positions now, just like Chelski. So don't watch what a gwan outa road wid all de fly-by-night teams dem. We safer dan a bulla inna glass case!!!!
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, we need to be worried. Everybody know that Saha is injury prone. Everytime he is released for the French national team, him comeback with an injury, Ole .. he may have scored the other day, but lets face reality. There is young Rossi ready to go and Fergie send the youth gone to Newcastle. Now what a thing if we only leff with Rooney?

The man dem wait until the appointed time fi mek move inna the market, now all we signed was Carrick (overpriced on top of it) and a goalkeeper we didn't need.

Comment

Do you believe this rumor ??

Of all the clubs West Ham .

You know if this comes to pass it makes them a Major contender from hereon .

Comment

Yuh know me haffi start re-evaluate your performance as President. Yuh showing signs of worry. I noticed it late last season. Whe me seh....NO NEED FE WORRY!!!! Me caan see we a lose the title dis year. PERIOD!!!!!
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well, its all over the place, suh mi affi give it some attention. Of course mi aware it raise them chances significantly. Bwoy if a true mi surprised.

Comment

Bizzare as the last news I heard was that he was going to Lyon which would be a really interesting move and one I think would be great for his career. I know you'll hate to hear me say this but Trezeguet is a better fit at Man U then Tevez. Man U does not play the style of ball for a player like Tevez to shine. - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!! Trez who? T.K., a ruxx that. Oh yes .. scored many goals in Seria A ... ask yuhself how many of them were as a result of the Juventus connection.

Comment

Yeah man Lazie. We already have ticky-tacky forwards in Saha and Rooney. As good as Tevez is he would be a redundant pick-up. What we need now is a true in the box forward to help us on days when we play with one forward or go to a 4-3-3. As well he is flexible enough to play in the 4-4-2. I think Trezeguet will score more goals for United in the end than Tevez. Tevez will get broke playing for Man U's rough and tumble style. - T.K.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. Getting Tevez isn't a big deal to me as to me him and Rooney are similiar. My issue is that Fergie mek Jefe (Javier)get whey. That was the ideal player to sit in front of the defense. I watched him closely during the WC and to this day thats the player Fergie shoulda play 18 million fah.

Comment

Yeah one thing I have always been surprised about is how Argentinian players are not more of a presence in England. The Argentinians can mix it up with anyone and I would think with the money in the EPL right now they would be cherry picking the best from that league. Shoot even D.C. United has 3 of them now. We picked up a gem this week. 26 year old from Boca Juniors who also played in Serie A. Red Punks dead! - T.K.

Comment

<H1>Hammers complete Tevez, Mascherano deal</H1><BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

West Ham have completed the sensational double signing of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on permanent contracts. <DIV class=phinline>
                          <DIV style="WIDTH: 205px"><DIV class=photocred2>MartinRose/GettyImages</DIV><DIV class=photosubtext>Argentina team-mates Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano</DIV></DIV></DIV>

The Argentinian duo, who both starred for their country at the World Cup this summer, move to Upton Park for undisclosed fees. A statement on the West Ham website read: 'The transfers represent a massive coup for the Hammers, who have beaten off some of Europe's biggest clubs to secure the services of the duo.' West Ham have refused to divulge details of the double deal but Tevez and Mascherano commanded £15million transfer fees when they signed for Corinthians from Argentinian clubs Boca Juniors and River Plate. There has also been speculation that West Ham have managed to steal a march on bigger rivals with a view to selling them on next season. But Hammers media spokesman Phil Hall insisted: 'There is no way West Ham would act as a feeder club for others. 'These are exciting signings for us but, of course, if we were offered major fees for the players at a later date we would have to consider it - as we would with other players.' Corinthians president Alberto Dualib has admitted that talks with MSI are likely to clarify the situation of the two stars on Wednesday, with the Argentinian media suggesting that the duo are expected to make their way to England. The duo's agent Adrian Ruocco was believed to be personally involved in negotiations with West Ham to complete the deal before tonight's transfer deadline. Whilst Tevez had been expected to leave Corinthians after staying away from the club for the past week, Mascherano had also also gone AWOL with arguments continuing over his availability for the Brazil friendly. Corinthians were not keen on the midfielder travelling for the tie, even though he is suspended domestically, and relations between the parties reached a new low after coach Leao confirmed Mascherano had skipped training. Leao said: 'I began the practice at 8.30 am and there was no sign of Mascherano. 'I have not received any official message from him and the case has been passed to the directors.' Both players are available for West Ham's next Barclays Premiership match - at home to Villa on September 9 - but manager Alan Pardew is likely to hold them back for the UEFA Cup clash with Palermo at Upton Park a few days later</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

Comment

West Ham get big eeeeeh.....Just another pretender ready to get knock down by the Empire. Wait till wi bring in de PHENOM.....den yu will see instant death! Freddy de pon de horizon! - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                            X