RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Jon Flanagan could go to World Cup...Paul !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Jon Flanagan could go to World Cup...Paul !

Departures board: Why Jon Flanagan could go to World Cup in place of Kyle Walker or Chris Smalling
    Apr 21, 2014 13:44
    OPINION BY RICHARDBEECH
    Jon Flanagan has been on fine form during Liverpool's push for the title, but does he deserve a nod over Chris Smalling or Kyle Walker?

23 Shares
    Tweet
    +1
    Email
    Departures: Who's on the plane?
    With left-backs queueing up for a seat on Roy Hodgson's World Cup plane, the plight of Luke Shaw has somewhat overshadowed the (perhaps less glamorous) battle taking place down the right channel.

With Liverpool's Jon Flanagan filling in at left-back for the Reds, his preferred position as a right back has been claimed by team-mate Glen Johnson, who will likely be Hodgson's first choice in Brazil.

But does Flanagan, so impressive this season for Liverpool, deserve a place on England's World Cup squad over players such as Kyle Walker and Chris Smalling?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...#ixzz2zWpGBENM
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
    Last edited by Sir X; April 21, 2014, 10:02 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I think the leftback spot goes to Baines of Everton. The advantage Flanigan have is that he is capable of playing on both sides. Based on the youth's form he should be on the plane, but how many defenders can Hodgson pick? Should be interesting to see his final squad.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Thanx Paul.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        Thanx Paul.
        You're welcome! We don't have general football discussions anymore? I have been observing his performance lately, along with Sterling and Henderson and I have been giving the 'youth coach' a lot of credit for what he has done with these youngsters ... but if you rather Paul's opinion no prob.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sorry I thought you were Paul or he gave you permission to voice his opinion, I see him moving with a certain column and you are prominent in it,that said its an open forum,dont be surprised if I mistake you for paul.

Allen also has improved immensley, couldnt see his value, now I do ,the youth coach has me eating my words all season,long may he continue.

I am coming around to being a believer he is rising to the X standard.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Sorry I thought you were Paul or he gave you permission to voice his opinion, I see him moving with a certain column and you are prominent in it,that said its an open forum,dont be surprised if I mistake you for paul.

Allen also has improved immensley, couldnt see his value, now I do ,the youth coach has me eating my words all season,long may he continue.

I am coming around to being a believer he is rising to the X standard.
            Don't get it .... Paul is heading for the winner's column .... my team is like a MU lamp ... in the middle of the table so I don't see your point.

Comment

Thats between ,you and paul to discuss, I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Don't get it .... Paul is heading for the winner's column .... my team is like a MU lamp ... in the middle of the table so I don't see your point.
                Lazie, if you ever were to "get it" I would recommend you check yourself into Bellevue. heX's ramblings are always all over the place, making sense to no one but himself. He is now eating his words, but he will have to face court martial on May 12 to answer for his traitorous crimes. If Peter, Mo, Stoni or even Courtney's ghost let heX een the back door, we are doomed.

That said, Flanagan is in decent form, although I think he should have jumped to challenge on Norwich's second goal. As you say, he can play both RB and LB, but I can't see him starting over Baines nor can I see him in the squad - too young and not fast enough for my liking, but.... Sterling is a sure fire member of the selection, but other than him, Henderson and Ox, I can't see any other youngsters on the plane, but I don't have a vote, and the manager is Hodgson after all...so who knows?
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                X