X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise And Rise Of Raheem Sterling

THE RISE AND RISE OF RAHEEM STERLING
    by TheAnfieldWrap // 24 April 2014 // 4 Comments
    Download the latest TAW digital magazine FREE iOS app for iPad, iPhone, iPod TouchDownload the latest TAW digital magazine FREE web app for PC, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile
    By Craig Rimmer

RAHEEM STERLING ran half the length of the Carrow Road pitch, avoiding the adoration of his teammates, headed in the direction of Brendan Rodgers, his manager and mentor. He had just scored the opening goal Norwich after 3 minutes and helped to tee up another Liverpool victory. 11 from 11.

It was the second time in a week that Sterling had scored a vital and sensational opening goal, having terrorised Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart seven days earlier, and Sterling would go on to score the decisive 3rd to secure the win over Norwich and put The Reds within spitting distance of the league title

Football - FA Premier League - Norwich City FC v Liverpool FC
    Sterling has risen to the fore at the business end of a potentially glorious league title challenge. Under the shadow of a 24 year wait. At a club which has dared to dream again. The pressure is unlikely to get much more intense than this and Sterling has flourished in spite of it all.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/0...heem-sterling/
    Last edited by Karl; April 25, 2014, 09:21 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

AN APOLOGY TO BRENDAN RODGERS
    by TheAnfieldWrap // 24 April 2014 // 30 Comments
    Download the latest TAW digital magazine FREE iOS app for iPad, iPhone, iPod TouchDownload the latest TAW digital magazine FREE web app for PC, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile
    by Ian Salmon

RIGHT. Put this off for long enough now, time to do it.
    Consider what follows an open letter of apology to Brendan Rodgers on behalf of, well, me basically but I’m sure that there were others with similar thoughts.

It seems ridiculous now and stands to show how foolish my judgement can be but I thought – and I haven’t thought this for a while now – that we had chosen the wrong man when Brendan was appointed Liverpool manager. I’ll get to exactly how foolish my judgement can be in a short while. You may never speak to me again.

I’d been very vocal on other forums (forums? Is that right? Should it be fora?) about my reservations, pointed out the managers that I thought we should have employed before Brendan, employed in his stead. Martinez, Laudrup, AVB – AV sodding B, ‘should have given Carra a chance’ I cried. I looked at opposition dugouts in the first season and I coveted the occupant. I was wrong and I’m sorry.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/0...endan-rodgers/
    Last edited by Karl; April 25, 2014, 09:27 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      AN APOLOGY TO BRENDAN RODGERS
      by TheAnfieldWrap // 24 April 2014 // 30 Comments
      by Ian Salmon
      RIGHT. Put this off for long enough now, time to do it.
      Consider what follows an open letter of apology to Brendan Rodgers on behalf of, well, me basically but I’m sure that there were others with similar thoughts.
      It seems ridiculous now and stands to show how foolish my judgement can be but I thought – and I haven’t thought this for a while now – that we had chosen the wrong man when Brendan was appointed Liverpool manager. I’ll get to exactly how foolish my judgement can be in a short while. You may never speak to me again.
      I’d been very vocal on other forums (forums? Is that right? Should it be fora?) about my reservations, pointed out the managers that I thought we should have employed before Brendan, employed in his stead. Martinez, Laudrup, AVB – AV sodding B, ‘should have given Carra a chance’ I cried. I looked at opposition dugouts in the first season and I coveted the occupant. I was wrong and I’m sorry.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/0...endan-rodgers/
      This is part of your problem, you read (and take to heart) the opinions of too many football Luddites like this donkey and Paul "Only Rafa Will Do" Tomkins. Still, this sentence underscores a bit of sense in this guy that you yourself have still not come to realize:

I understood why Kenny had to go. Obviously I understood it. I didn’t like it but I understood it in the same way that I understood why Rafa had to go.

Or this:

And we appreciated what he [BR] had done, what he had created, how he had transformed players that he hadn’t wanted like Jordan Henderson, players that had been forgotten like Jon Flanagan (who he tried to lend out by the way but got no takers).

Imagine that - Paul and the "Youth Coach" on the same page with Henderson and Flanagan. LOL!!!

Now that you are at City, I hope you aren't too vex for leaving Liverpool, we're very happy you have a new home. Good for you
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Interesting quote...
        Beyond the worry of what damage a summer with the Hodge could inflict on any young starlet is the possibility of fatigue for a player still only 19 and with the additional demands of Champions League football on the horizon.
        Peter R

Comment

This youngster is currently a TOP WORLD football player!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            Interesting quote...
            Beyond the worry of what damage a summer with the Hodge could inflict on any young starlet is the possibility of fatigue for a player still only 19 and with the additional demands of Champions League football on the horizon.
            Not to worry. Sterling has already given an insight into his 'smarts'. No situation can damage his strength and mental fortitude. His skills can only be undermined by injury. Not a thing to worry about.

He shall shine in Brazil. The young man is absolutely brilliant!!!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Interesting quote...
              Peter, Sterling definitely hit the gym last summer. He is MUCH stronger and faster than last season. If Rodgers has shown the world anything, it is that there is a new way to play football and to treat footballers - he has instilled in them the epitome of TEAM. Even anti-TEAM Sturridge is coming around. I suspect that his experience (as opposed to heXperience) as a Youth Coach has been pivotal in his approach. What an amazing job, regardless of how the season ends. Raheem Sterling is already eternally grateful, look how he ran to embrace Rodgers after his goal at Norwich? FSG deserve plaudits, as does the entire LFC organization. The only thing more they could better do is to send another agent back into Manu**, agent Moyes did a fine job for Merseyside!!!
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                He shall shine in Brazil. The young man is absolutely brilliant!!!
                Agree 100%! I'm on the England bandwagon!

Still think he made the wrong choice, but a suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...besides Sterling is a rare bred among athletes.

There are athletes who put on tremendous performances when there is no pressure to excel - Shall we kaul-up, kaul-up Asafa Powell's name? - but bomb when the lights are turned on them. - wet pants when the heat is on!!!

Watch Sterling keenly and you shall see a player who in the thick of battle is determined, has implicit faith in his abilities and who is enjoying himself.

Aside: I shall never forget his face when in the huddle Steven Gerrard called after his Liverpool had whipped ManCity. He listened keenly and received Gerrard's emotional and heart-felt call to alms - call to remain focused on job ahead and on (playing) TEAM i.e. all for one and one for all - with what I can only describe as 'a taking to heart' the exhortation and that with wide confident and joyous smile=with supreme confidence and assuredness. That type self-belief...the self-belief expressed frees the mind and spirit to perform at Fullest POTENTIAL! This guy is a gladiator. He is type players one loves to have by side/on TEAM when going into 'battle'...when at 'war'!!!

Comment

I keep reading intelligence through the article, what would sterling be without it, better yet where ?

Comment

Working...
                    X