Wake up call from Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    But is there a difference between taking a side to the WC and coaching a side already there? I think the difference is huge. In fact, no guarantee that a coach that qualifies a side to the World Cup can do anything meaningful with them at the WC. Likewise, a coach who can bring results with a side already in the WC, may not be able to qualify a side to it!
    I agree with you, but in Bora's case, I have no reason to feel that the fact that he has never qualified a team to the finals has anything to do with his coaching abilities. you will be hard pressed today to find a coach that has been to the world cup finals on 5 occasions, albeit with different teams.

and how accurate is your info anyway? For instance, when Jamaica qualified for France'98, we played an already qualified Mexico in our final game at the office. If memory serves me correctly, Bora was the coach of Mexico at the time. And I believe he spent over 5 years coaching the US...hard to understand how he never managed to qualify them in that time. And what about his 3 years in chare of Costa Rica? Were most of theose years after they qualified?
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

It's not my info. In fact, for the very reason you just stated, I don't believe that ALL his teams had already qualified. What is certain is that he didn't take 5 teams to the World Cup.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        It's not my info. In fact, for the very reason you just stated, I don't believe that ALL his teams had already qualified. What is certain is that he didn't take 5 teams to the World Cup.
        I am almost certian that Bora qualified USA, and Mexico from CONCACAF, and coached them at the finals. I am not too sure about Costa Rica. the only team i recall him not qualifying is Nigeria. I am 100% sure also he was in charge of China when they qualified.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

wasn't China part host with South Korea?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Japan

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No brethen, he qualified China. Not sure about Costa Rica & Mexico. But I know he did not quality Nigeria.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

He must have qualified Mexico too. Wasn't he at the helm before we qualified?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, you are right, and I recall seeing him on the sidelines.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Fan USA was host in 94, hence
                    automatic qualification. China bombed out.

Comment

Working...
                    X