Sturridge seems disengaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturridge seems disengaged?

He has worked long and hard all season, but in the last few games he has played he seems to be disengaged and a little nonchalant, I know he is not 100% and was recently injured! but I have seen injured/not fully fit players who give there all! he is not there. That last goal that Chelsea scored was all his.

Man needs to get this in gear if he is going to be a factor for last two games and for a Three Lions in the Cup.

the youth just came back from injury and just a little bit a rust and timing.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sterling yuh mean

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Sterling yuh mean
        I am tempted to ask, was Sterling in yesterday's game? I checked the team sheet a moment ago and yes, he did play the full 90.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sterling was certainly there in the first half, and the strategy was to foul him out of the game.

Sturridge came on the field but didn't really show up at all, rust or no rust.
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            I am tempted to ask, was Sterling in yesterday's game? I checked the team sheet a moment ago and yes, he did play the full 90.
            I kept wondering why his TEAMmates used him as poorly as the Reggaeboyz used Tappa in his last few matches...i.e. staved him of the ball.

Liverpool also did not maximize on Suarez's presence.

...and after the first few minutes Coutinho was poor. ...yet for all that Liverpool had enough chances to have scored at least 2 goals. ...there was also the excellent goal-keeping performance of the Chelsea 'keeper.

btw - That young Chelsea central defender, a who im? To GUNNERS mi seh! That is some TOP OF THE WORLD quality shift he put in! To My GUNNERS mi seh!!! Dat guy's potential only has upside...and that in the context of already having the ability of TOP WORLD CLASS within. To GUNNERS mi seh. As Jose would not sell to My GUNNERS: Have one of our European satellites purchase and loan to My GUNNERS with option to buy...????
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I kept wondering why his TEAMmates used him as poorly as the Reggaeboyz used Tappa in his last few matches...i.e. staved him of the ball.
              It is called Tappa was done Karl. Chelsea controlled the middle of the park and did not allow Liverpool to have their free style attacking play. When they were not able to do that, Rodgers had no plan B.

Liverpool also did not maximize on Suarez's presence.
              The young boy name Tomas Kalas had Suarez's ticket all game.

btw - That young Chelsea central defender, a who im? To GUNNERS mi seh!
              Introducing you to Tomas Kalas. He is being groomed to replace Terry. Ass-inal will not see him. Too good fi unuh.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Chelsea starved Sterling of the ball...as a matter of fact after a while he didn't even want the damn ball...he tried to use his speed but Chelsea players were anticipating well and bundled him off the ball...awful game from him

Comment

For bot Tilla & you

Chelsea starved Sterling of the ball...as a matter of fact after a while he didn't even want the damn ball...he tried to use his speed but Chelsea players were anticipating well and bundled him off the ball...awful game from him

Here is Brendon Rodgers -
                  Yesterday it was interesting to note that Raheem Sterling was our calmest player. The one playing high tempo one-touch football. The one boasting intelligent movment in tight spaces. The kind of patience and calm that was lacking in his seniors for most of the game. Rolling players, running in behind, committing them to positions and places they didn’t want to find themselves in, parked bus or no parked bus.
                  You guys need to watch games...but more importantly watch football. Do not just see what you wish to see...really watch each game you view.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True thing that, the youth played a good game, was actively involved, was seeking to obtain a result at all times he was on the ball, proactive in his movements. I started the thread talking about Sturridge who clearly was disengaged and the few times he got the ball he was either dispossessed or made a bad pass as in the final goal.

Yeah we need more objectivity, but I guess this is a fanatics website suh Nuff biases being carried.

Comment

you need to watch Sterling trying to beat the left back with speed and getting rebuffed...again and again...

Comment

you need to watch Sterling trying to beat the left back with speed and getting rebuffed...again and again...
                        Getting rebuffed by FOULS in many instances...
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X