No announcement yet.

Notice how subdued the forum is......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice how subdued the forum is......?

Can you imagine if Chelsea (Tilla..) or Liverfool ( X-man, PR, Mosiah, Marin et al...) were in position to win the BPL? This forum would be a darn powder keg!!!!!!!

Contrast that-- with the dignity humility and humbleness of ManCity FAN-atics like Bricktop and myself.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

you can't buy class HL...yuh can't buy class

Comment

Me naw she nutten fi jinx a certain side.......me just a watch the ride.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hope the "mouth of the goat" remain in eXile till the end of the season!!

HL

Comment

Well, my excuse is that I was in 'merica for a Monday evening wedding (yesterday)... we left the hotel just after that frustrating match (for LFC fans) yesterday... the open bar was very useful in drowning my sorrows, plus some of the young ladies there were sights for sore eyes... I think I drank everything from rum, scotch, champagne and beer, plus whatever shots dem was distributing...

Anyway, I have to big up BR for going after a big win yesterday, however, he should have seen the writing on the wall and do a Jose Mourinho after the first CP goal scored... yeah, I hear the fat lady tuning up her voice
          Peter R

Comment

Liverpool plays an open game. They try to outscore their opponents. Your team has been extremely lucky. They have over achieved.

Glad you had a good time . We need to 'let our hair down' at times.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Glad you had a good time

Comment

Liverpool plays an open game. They try to outscore their opponents. Your team has been extremely lucky. They have over achieved.

Truth is Liverpool never played the all out attacking game that got them to that match. ...and as fact, played just as subdued during their previous match.

Against Crystal Palace 3 up was a disservice to Crystal Palace's effort and flattering to Liverpool's. They were lucky t be up 3. After, their luck ran out.

They were not the players were, and team as unit was not its usual gong-ho self. No roaring along! Relentless driving at pace at the opposition. Rather it was a leisurely evening stroll.

Suarez was not his usual lively self. He had to be playing in short spurts.
                Suarez tried to conserve his energy and maximize on his bursts. Hell we could see him after some bursts resting...as he gasped for air. Can remember twice he took a sit-down - on the perimeter boards. For Luis Suarez/compared to a fit Luis Suarez...he did a lot of walking around and little/non-existent(?) defending.

With Suarez suffering the effects of his illness, Sturridge and Sterling were needed to step up 'big time'.

Sterling did.
                He passed and passed and moved and moved....he set up goal-scoring opportunities.

Sturridge did not step up. Yup he scored..but he spurned setting up others who were well placed and played at half-pace throughout. I was disappointed to the point of becoming disgusted with him. ...but then earlier in the season when he pulled such stunts in matches Liverpool destroyed opponents Coach Rodgers, I think, treated him as Wenger treated Henry (TH14) in his later years at My GUNNERS...nary a pulling of the waster/selfish/anti-TEAM player.

Earlier in the season Sturridge never paid a price for his nonsense. He pulled that nonsense in this most crucial of matches when his TEAM needed the type unselfish play as demonstrated by all the ManCity players today.

In that loss for me Sterling and Suarez (in the context of the limitations imposed by has illness) were Liverpool giants!!!

The Youth Coach should have taken off Sturridge and not Sterling! Sturridge was playing for self, Sterling for TEAM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have said it here a long time ago that this is City's championship. As far as I am concerned, this is a foregone conclusion.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Could you expand on that "extremely lucky" comment?
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X