RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football fans! What are your views on these proposals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football fans! What are your views on these proposals?

FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England football

The creation of a new tier within the Football League to accommodate Premier League B teams is at the heart of the Football Association commission's four-point plan to boost English football.

The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight and a reduction in non-home-grown players in Premier League squads.

It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs.

More at http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27327502
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Maybe it works, maybe not. I do like the fact that they are trying to find a way to address the problem they are having. At least they are making a step, maybe in the first season they see what modifications are needed.

What are we doing about our football future? Oh yes, I forgot ... we have D Cup and Manning Cup.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

There are some merits to this proposal. However, I have my reservations regarding the restriction of the non-EU player as they bring spice to the English game. This will definitely improve the English players game especially if they get foreign coaches.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        There are some merits to this proposal. However, I have my reservations regarding the restriction of the non-EU player as they bring spice to the English game. This will definitely improve the English players game especially if they get foreign coaches.
        Reservations? You realize it is because of the EU laws that they had to make it non-EU players? If they had their way it would only be British players.

Comment

Impact on overseas TV contracts?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It's going to dilute the quality of the EPL... unless there's something I'm missing.
            Peter R

Comment

Looks good!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X