‘Wayne Rooney doesn’t deserve an England World Cup place’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Wayne Rooney doesn’t deserve an England World Cup place’

Wayne Rooney must share the blame for Manchester United’s “awful” season and does not deserve a place in the England squad for the World Cup, according to former Chelsea midfielder Alan Hudson.

The 28-year-old is expected to earn a spot in the 23-man squad travelling to Brazil at the end of the season but Hudson feels that the England international has yet to prove himself on the international stage.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...rld-cup-place/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Clown that. Rooney may not be world class in comparison to bigger name players, but he is still England's best.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

As a MU fan I would rather MU players not make any of the world cup teams, but let's be real.

MU was horrible this season, but Hudson must be blind not to realize that Rooney was one of the better players. Despite injury, playing deep or out on the wing, he is 4th with 17 goals. Despite the awful season he has 10 assists, 2 less than Gerrard and Suarez.

As for the national team, he is the top scorer of the current crop of players .... why wouldn't he be in the squad? Alan Hudson need to wheel and come again.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        As a MU fan I would rather MU players not make any of the world cup teams, but let's be real.

MU was horrible this season, but Hudson must be blind not to realize that Rooney was one of the better players. Despite injury, playing deep or out on the wing, he is 4th with 17 goals. Despite the awful season he has 10 assists, 2 less than Gerrard and Suarez.

As for the national team, he is the top scorer of the current crap of players .... why wouldn't he be in the squad? Alan Hudson need to wheel and come again.
        I made a correction to your post. No need to thank me.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good one!
          Peter R

Comment

This guy, Hudson, must have a bug up his assets... De Gea and Rooney were the standout players for MU this season... and Rooney has MORE than demonstrated why he HAS to be a sure pick.
            Peter R

Comment

Hudson has a point when he mentions Rooney's inconsistency for England (0 goals in 2 World Cups).

But then he defeats his own argument by praising Cantona, whose international career with France was easily worse than Rooney's has been with England.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

Zeppo what state do you live in? Will you be at the Jamaica vs Serbia game in New Jersey?

Comment

Nope, I won't be making that one, although it should be a good test for Jamaica.

It would still be even better though for the Boyz to get a friendly against one of the teams that will be in the World Cup. They'll be more likely to bring their big guns.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

All me can tell you is, listen carefully.

If you have Sterling, Sturridge and Welback upfront. Rooney is the bet player to slot in the hole behind them. Rooney can beat a one player and shoot. He can shoot for 25 yards out and he can make a good accurate pass. The problem is when you depending on Rooney to dribble down a side.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Rooney isn't a flair player but he quite capable of keeping possession and advancing the ball.
                      It was just a rotten season all around,our players were terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X