RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica vs. ??? at Trelawny - Who Will Bring The Most Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica vs. ??? at Trelawny - Who Will Bring The Most Fans?

Let's assume JFF gets smart and books one or more of the following "B-list" European countries for a game at Trelawny Stadium. I use the "B-list" because JFF cannot afford "A-list" countries like Germany, France, Italy, or England.

Who will bring the most fans to the Jamaican resorts?
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Holland
    Spain
    Austria
    Norway

All of the above!

Most of all Jamaicans would ram the facilities!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Let's assume JFF gets smart and books one or more of the following "B-list" European countries for a game at Trelawny Stadium. I use the "B-list" because JFF cannot afford "A-list" countries like Germany, France, Italy, or England.
      Yuh mean dis-yah JFF? ...and, it is only in their minds!
      Even they could do it...if only they would!
      trus mi!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

Who will bring the most fans to the Jamaican resorts?
        Scotland
        Ireland
        Sweden
        Denmark
        Holland
        Spain
        Austria
        Norway
        You are aware of the population distribution in Jamaica ?

Comment

There would be more fans in the stadium from the visiting country.
          chussss mi.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Jamaica needs to play Cameroon or Senegal in Jamaica. I would play a team like Greece or Poland in Toronto. I am actually trying to look a funding to do the latter but the overhead high.

Comment

This poor stadium has been in the news recently. No one wants to touch it with a 10 ft pole. The NHT, owners of the land its on (does that imply ownership of the facility itself?) is not in the bizniz of running a sports facility, so that might be the reason why it's not interested. And every other other entity that could take it over, they have all said no thanks.

Only the Trelawny Cricket Board, or whatever the official name is, seems to have shown some interest, naturally, but it's not up to them. Do they have what it takes to maintain it and promote it beyond cricket?

In the meantime, a forest grows in the infield and heaven knows what else is either falling apart or has been stolen.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would say Holland,and they should be taken off that 'B List',but a game at the Trelawny stadium v Holland would be Good a wk or so before the next General Election,good thing if ! they can do so for Jamaica.

Comment

HL !!!! my brother , why r u putting up resistance to the program ? . Please tell mi your disatisfaction,respect.

Comment

I agree and it is bathing suit optional in Holland so the trewlany beaches would be nice places to visit before and after the game
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

oj while we are playing some big name Teams we need to have two away games in the eastern caribbean.auuuu-auuuu st.vincent,and martinique.remember,saint vincent beet us 2-1 last summer.martinique would be a good side from the french caribbean to play.

Comment

Program?... what program Pepsi?

Capt. Horace Burrell had a very good JFF program.

Notice how poorly attended the few home games?

I am anxious to see the turn-out next week for the game against Chile
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL, agree Burrell was Good and I am not saying boxill is Better nor who will come the Best.However we need to support the program instead of distroying.A little patience work.I only hope Bora Mulitinovic do not get in the politics of the JFF,for the sake of OUR FOOTBALL>.

Comment

I wonder how many of us viewed the Trelawny Stadium - online (during the Cricket World Cup, other occasions or actually visited?

"Serious" money earner and means of putting Jamaica into the living rooms of potential consumers of our "goodies" in the World Marketplace?

What would prevent that arena being used for major Track & Field meets, major football matches, major cricket matches and or training grounds for pre-season training for visiting teams?

Yea...what would prevent this arena becoming catalyst, as was the concept, from becoming catalyst for earning of "serious money" for Jamaica and its people?

Why would supposedly forward looking private-sector moguls look away? Would that be the same reason why they have been slow to link themselves to, for example, the National Women Teams and Women Football in general? The area of our football that has the potential to move most rapidly to TOP OF THE WORLD?

It seems to me that the 'forward looking' private-sector is not so forward looking when it comes to sports?

What for example prevents some of the private sector groups coming together and working hand-in-hand in a creative way to share investment costs & associated risks...and, reap, what I consider will be the substantial rewards gained from promoting their businesses even as the arena becomes self-supporting?

Look a Sandals, Jamaica National, Grace Kennedy and the government could all benefit - 'rope in' reps from the major sports assosciations - ...and, work together, harmoniously to create an outstanding successful entity that propels our major sports onwards and upwards, provide tremendous source of publicity - world-wide and locally (good corporate citizens), develop economic activity, provide some jobs, etc., etc?

Do these 'movers and shakers' in/on the island need someone...an association to take them by the hand and show them the possibilities and lead them on the path to 'good things'?

Yup! ...all the talk about the new arena becoming a 'white elephant' is talk generated by people who lack vision and or are timid souls! Have we ever heard the saying, where there is lack of vision, the people perish?

Needed leaders!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              I wonder how many of us viewed the Trelawny Stadium - online (during the Cricket World Cup, other occasions or actually visited?

"Serious" money earner and means of putting Jamaica into the living rooms of potential consumers of our "goodies" in the World Marketplace?

What would prevent that arena being used for major Track & Field meets, major football matches, major cricket matches and or training grounds for pre-season training for visiting teams?

Yea...what would prevent this arena becoming catalyst, as was the concept, from becoming catalyst for earning of "serious money" for Jamaica and its people?

Why would supposedly forward looking private-sector moguls look away? Would that be the same reason why they have been slow to link themselves to, for example, the National Women Teams and Women Football in general? The area of our football that has the potential to move most rapidly to TOP OF THE WORLD?

It seems to me that the 'forward looking' private-sector is not so forward looking when it comes to sports?

What for example prevents some of the private sector groups coming together and working hand-in-hand in a creative way to share investment costs & associated risks...and, reap, what I consider will be the substantial rewards gained from promoting their businesses even as the arena becomes self-supporting?

Look a Sandals, Jamaica National, Grace Kennedy and the government could all benefit - 'rope in' reps from the major sports assosciations - ...and, work together, harmoniously to create an outstanding successful entity that propels our major sports onwards and upwards, provide tremendous source of publicity - world-wide and locally (good corporate citizens), develop economic activity, provide some jobs, etc., etc?

Do these 'movers and shakers' in/on the island need someone...an association to take them by the hand and show them the possibilities and lead them on the path to 'good things'?

Yup! ...all the talk about the new arena becoming a 'white elephant' is talk generated by people who lack vision and or are timid souls! Have we ever heard the saying, where there is lack of vision, the people perish?

Needed leaders!
                              A different path was taken in the 70's and reckless policies took its toll in the 90's.. we are still suffering the consequences.

Talk to Paulwell if you want answers... "Jamaica is a country not friendly to investment.."

Vision is not the problem.. the people that created Atlantis in Bahamas came here first.. Evergreen came here first..ended up in Panama..

Certain people control certain tings and is their way or the highway...

Comment

Working...
                              X