Jamaica v Serbia preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    For me, it's about Schäfer beginning to create a team that can compete with it's quality, much like how Carl Brown built his wonderful team several years ago. If only that team had a deadly striker.

So, while the scoreline is not the most important thing for me, it would be nice driving out of the parking lot with our heads high.
    Agreed

Comment

It is going to be a tall order for a weakened Jamaican side. Hopefully they can keep the scoreline respectable. It is going to be tough for our forwards scoring against a defense with players like Nemanja Vidic, Neven Subotic, Aleksandar Kolarov and Branislav Ivanovic in defense.

Moreover, having Nemanja Matic roaming in the midfield will not make it any easier on our Boyz.

Anyway, wish them all the luck.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Is who dat score de header?
        Serbia was always a threat in proximity to our 18,easily unlocking our defense with slicing passes.
        Not bad tbough by the boyz.

Comment

Michael Seaton is the scorer. You are on point about the Serbs.
          They are a much more technical side than this Jamaican team. Jamaica did well in the 2nd half however.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Football is a game of SUDDEN!

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Michael Seaton is the scorer. You are on point about the Serbs.
            They are a much more technical side than this Jamaican team.
            ...and smarter (football intelligence?).

Jamaica did well in the 2nd half however.
            I think you mean we did better than we did in the first half?
            We showed that physically we can cope...and individual technical ability, we can cope.

Unfortunately, we showed we have not a clue how this game is played. We performed in a dismal manner and were fortunate the score-line was not 8 or so against us.

------

General comment:
            I guess losing by 1 and being emotionally attached to our TEAM/COUNTRY many will think we put up a good show....but we are comparing the Serbian TEAM's dominance of the game...and the ease with which they waltzed into our penalty-area at will, their stroking of the ball around, the failure of our players to 'trackback' none more glaring that our defender wide on the right who failed to track his man on 2 occasions allowing 2 goals...and *slowing when he had his attacker beat only to allow the attacker to catch-up and then for our man to commit a foul in the penalty-area and concede a goal...but he was merely the 'outstandingly bad player'...on a TEAM where we were consistently slow to pass, consistently slow to provide support - both on attack and defense...

- save for the beautiful (swift --- football is a game of SUDDEN) attacking play...throw-in, immediate return pass to our player who took the throw-in, his immediate cross and our forward's excellent jump and well headed...placed goal. So we demonstrated good play! ...but did we then learn for it? ...did we say, wait a suh dis ting guh? ...swift immediate play and dem late fi re-hack...have no time to set up on defense? ...let us therefore mount numerous 'swift' passing and movement and allow ourselves the luxury of good attacks!!!
            Yes?
            Hell no! We returned immediately to AWFUL! No 'football intelligence'/jus damn fool-fool acting!!! ...slow 'let us allow the Serbs to set up on defense' plays.

You know something? ...no Jamaican would be upset if we tried to play and lost...but not trying? DAMN!!

Why no swift passing? Why did all our players dwell on the ball? Why no tracking back? Why did that defender wide on the right not continue at full speed to the ball that resulted in a penalty?...why did he slow?

Our Goal-tender was by far our very best player...he made his mistakes (particularly on the second goal)...but he was our only 'worthy' player.

Even Austin could not by example...indulge in one-time numerous passes...continuous passing and movement? ...not be example get his TEAMmates to pass swiftly/immediately and put us in the game? ...nope it had to be Serbia playing down to our level that kept the score-line close...and that fools some into thinking we did good?

It does not take playing together for a long time to have good swift movement and passing...or attempts at so doing. It takes 'no time' for sensible players to show the onlookers that 'they know the game'. ...show 'thinking on' the game/what they are doing/the thinking behind the actions? No sir, it does not!!!

Aside: I watched the game twice.
            Then erased it. Paid my $34 change. Could not subject myself to a 3rd watching.
            btw - MdmeX dropped in during my watching.

The good: As usual I saw that TALENT ABOUNDS!
            We can pass the ball! We can move into space...supporting on attack and defense. We just have not yet realized that we have to do same 'swiftly'...present SUDDEN to our opponents...leaving in Jamaican parlance, 'no time' for them to catch up with the passing and movement...Yup! ...imitate that SUDDEN that they used on us...

Let us see if our new coach can quickly teach the players/our players the game!

Football is a game of SUDDEN!
            Hey it look just quick one-twos and quick feet...i.e. acting before our defense could set up...hell before our players could even think that a one-two was the natural play and our defender wide on the right should as the ball was going to the man inside he should...yes, as the ball was on its way to that man inside....yes, our defender should be 'on his way' with/to the opponent wide to his right...(yes, if he - our defender wide on the right) had turned around and was 'on his way' - the opponent then would be on his left in very close proximity to him)...and our defender would have been 'defending the play' rather than merely reacting late...making a late attempt to get up with the play...and been nothing more than a 'gig'/a spinning 'drunken' person/a hapless spectator...as his TEAM went 1 down!!!

*I wonder if he thought he could not play the ball while going full tilt? ...and that is why he slowed? ...but that would be a hell of a hahahahahahaha!!!!
            Last edited by Karl; May 26, 2014, 10:24 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X